(Archived) Advanced Search (TAG OR TAG OR TAG) AND Keyword(s)

coreypud

Idea

I don't think there's a way to do this in advanced search but I want to make sure I'm not missing anything. Is there a way to do an advanced search that would allow me to search for:

(Tag1 or Tag2 or Tag3) AND Keyword(s)

When I try using the any: parameter, it makes the keywords be included in the "or" of the search as well. 

2 replies to this idea

I don't think there's a way to do this in advanced search but I want to make sure I'm not missing anything. Is there a way to do an advanced search that would allow me to search for:

(Tag1 or Tag2 or Tag3) AND Keyword(s)

When I try using the any: parameter, it makes the keywords be included in the "or" of the search as well. 

You can do and searches and or searches but you cannot combine them.  A workaround is to use tags.  IE do your or search & apply a tag.  Then do an and search.

• Level 5*

There is no way to do this sort of thing unless your tags (or search terms) all have a common prefix, a feature of search that that some Evernote users take advantage of in their tagging systems. Assume tags "ComputerScience", "ComputerSoftware" and "ComputerHardware". A search on "tag:Computer* cache" would turn up all notes that have any of those tags and the keyword "cache".

Archived