(Archived) Idea for Improvement in Evernote for School Note Taking

Hello,

I use Evernote for a wide range of daily tasks. One of them is taking notes for my college classes. I find myself summarizing chapters in text books that I can use for references later on. One feature I think would be worthwhile would be having the ability to highlight a word, righ click, and have an option to "define." I think this would be a great tool for students who are taking notes in class, but might not know the meaning a certain words they are taking notes on.

Thanks!

Cole

• Level 5*

Hello,

I use Evernote for a wide range of daily tasks. One of them is taking notes for my college classes. I find myself summarizing chapters in text books that I can use for references later on. One feature I think would be worthwhile would be having the ability to highlight a word, righ click, and have an option to "define." I think this would be a great tool for students who are taking notes in class, but might not know the meaning a certain words they are taking notes on.

Thanks!

Cole

Hi. Welcome to the forums. I am pleased to say that the feature already exists! iPad users can hold a finger over a word, click on "define," and the definition will appear. Unfortunately, I've only been able to use this with English. If anyone knows how to use other language dictionaries, let us know!

I could very easily be wrong here, but I believe the features GM is talking about are native to iOS and the Mac OS, not a feature of Evernote. I use EN on both Mac and PC, and am not aware of a similar feature in Windows.

So, I don't think it is the case of an EN feature available on Mac, and not on PC, but operating system related. 

• Level 5*

I could very easily be wrong here, but I believe the features GM is talking about are native to iOS and the Mac OS, not a feature of Evernote. I use EN on both Mac and PC, and am not aware of a similar feature in Windows.

So, I don't think it is the case of an EN feature available on Mac, and not on PC, but operating system related.

Of course. Thanks for pointing that out. I was just saying that the feature exists. I suspect developers have to enable it (it isn't available for all apps in iOS), but it isn't unique to Evernote either.

Archived