Change Date Format on Windows PC

khocolaterain

Welcome to the forum :)

I believe that Evernote Windows uses the time setting that you have chosen in Windows for it's time format.

For instance, here in the UK, I see 14/09/2013 13:26 when I add the date/time.

You should be able to change this in the control panel:

Control Panel --> Clock, Language and Region --> Change Date, Time or number formats

I believe that EN uses the Short Date and Short Time, but you can change the region that is used for the time formats as a whole also.

Scott

• 2 months later...

Evernote does not apply the same date format as selected in Windows.

Is Evernote going to rectify this or are we going to be stuck with this date format mm/dd/yyyy?

Why can't we chose an English language option instead of US English? 

• 1 year later...

(win7) In Control Panel, Region and Language, Formats. I changed the short date format (while Evernote was shutdown), and the new date format was properly shown when I restarted it. (If I change it while EN is running, the note list updated but the current note didn't until I changed notes).

If you're having an issue with a particular date, please let us know.

(win7) In Control Panel, Region and Language, Formats. I changed the short date format (while Evernote was shutdown), and the new date format was properly shown when I restarted it. (If I change it while EN is running, the note list updated but the current note didn't until I changed notes).

If you're having an issue with a particular date, please let us know.

Confirming that worked for me. I changed the Windows short date format from MM/dd/yyyy to yyyy-MM-dd. When I re-opened Evernote, the dates reflected my change.

Archived