feature request - scanning software implementation with camera

Tomass

Idea

it would be great if evernote itself did what some scanner apps do so you could easily and quickly scan documents with your camera, have them stitched into a high-res document and saved to evernote.

also, this would include using the flash on the camera which you can't at present.

Thx!

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

There are portable scanners,  but what you want would surely be impossible for the average phone - there's a small mismatch between the size of the phone and the size of most documents,  and taking photos has focus / vibration / lighting / curling issues that phones don't handle well...

• Level 5*

it would be great if evernote itself did what some scanner apps do so you could easily and quickly scan documents with your camera, have them stitched into a high-res document and saved to evernote.

also, this would include using the flash on the camera which you can't at present.

Thx!

Actually, Evernote iPhone will do this now -- not sure about Android phones.

Also, on the iPhone there is an app called "GeniusScan+" that I really like.  You might check the Android app store to see if they have the same or something similar.

@Gazumped - there are quite a few on both playstore and apple appstore

@jmichael - in terms of the stitching I meant like I can take multiple photos of one page and have it stitched together to make a higher res image of the one page - can the ios app do that?

yeah, I guess another app is the best solution atm but hoping it's integrated eventually.

Archived