Reminders on EN5 Windows 7 - popups?

shen

Hi All,

just updated to 5.0.1.1174 (professional account) and set a few reminders. But I all I see is a short kind of popup in the lower right corner which disappears after a few seconds - that's perfect to miss my reminders. Is this really the way this should work or am I missing something? I want a popup or something like that which stays on the desktop until I interact with it in any kind.

Stefan

Hi All,

just updated to 5.0.1.1174 (professional account) and set a few reminders. But I all I see is a short kind of popup in the lower right corner which disappears after a few seconds - that's perfect to miss my reminders. Ist this really the way this should word or am I missing something? I want a popup or something like that which stays on the desktop until I interact with it in any kind.

Stefan

I couldn't agree more.

Also, for me, email reminders are not working. [see 'Options' -> 'Reminders' tab -> Checkbox checked.]

• 7 months later...
  • Level 5*

Is it still working this way? I've not received a single notice of a reminder on my 5.3.x install. Is it just because I am not there at my desk to watch for it? I get them with a nice non-disappearing notification on my phone and tablet.

• 1 month later...
  • Level 5*

The problem I'm having on Windows 8 is that the reminder pop ups don't stay in focus for long. It would be nice if they stayed up longer or had an option to snooze for x time, or dismiss. 

That isn't Windows 8. That is just how EN works. It assumes you are sitting at your desk looking at your screen waiting for a reminder to fire so you can click the box before it disappears in 15 seconds.

The 15 seconds is the issue. No way to set URGENT reminders without constantly referencing evernote. I'm using dexpot and I might be on another desktop and not see the reminder. So I'm using a calendar app for time specific reminder that alert with volume.

• Level 5*

There should, IMHO, be a place in EN that has a list of reminders that have fired and not dismissed or dealt with, and it should be red when the reminder count isn't zero.

• 8 months later...
  • Level 5*

Is it still working this way or am I missing something? I just "lost" 2 reminders. Is there an option I haven't set?

No. this is how it works. You need to sit at your PC and stare at the lower right corner for the reminders. This isn't a bug. It was designed this way.

Archived