(Archived) Web Clipper Still Shows Old User Interface

Megan32

I am using Firefox 23.0.1, Windows 7, and Web Clipper 5.7.

For some reason I do not get the full User Interface for the Web Clipper on one of my computers. I have attached a picture to this post of what it looks like. I have tried removing the web clipper add on and reinstalling it. I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling firefox. Neither of these worked. On my other computers I get the full user interface where I can select a notebook and add tags but I can't get it to work on one computer. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

post-150966-0-79276600-1378925857_thumb.

Hi Megan,

You have what we call 'native clipping' enabled. It sends your clips straight to Evernote on your desktop and is only available on Firefox at the moment. 

To change go to: (Mac - similar steps on Windows)

1) Tools > Add ons

2) Extensions tab in the left column

3) Find Web Clipper and open up preferences

Change the setting to: Send clips to = Evernote Web 

Hope that helps

Hi Megan,

You have what we call 'native clipping' enabled. It sends your clips straight to Evernote on your desktop and is only available on Firefox at the moment. 

To change go to: (Mac - similar steps on Windows)

1) Tools > Add ons

2) Extensions tab in the left column

3) Find Web Clipper and open up preferences

Change the setting to: Send clips to = Evernote Web 

Hope that helps

jbignert

one more thing i noticed when using "native clipping" in firefox worked fine in evernote v4. However, after updating to evernote v5 and using "native clipping" evernote was constantly freezing up and becoming unresponsive after using the native clipper. It seemed to clip the page fine then i would close the new window that it opened and if I tried to delete the new note or move the note to a new notebook evernote was simply hung and i would have to force close it. I haven't been having any issues since switching to the "web clipping" version with firefox.

Hi Megan, sorry for the issues. Are you on Windows or Mac?

You're on Windows, we're aware of that issue and working to fix it ASAP. Can you please switch to the 'Send to Web' setting for the moment and I'll ping you when the issue is resolved.

Archived