(Archived) Evernote for Windows 5.0.1 GA (Bugfixes)

dlu

Howdy folks,

We have a bugfix update for at 5.0.1 and of course we'll keep working on making the app better. Thanks to everyone who posted. The release notes are below, the new version is at: http://evernote.s3.amazonaws.com/win5/public/Evernote_5.0.1.1174.exe

• Improvements:
    • Able to multiselect tags with ctrl+click
    •  
  • Fixes:
    • Fix for notelinks across different notebooks
    • Fix for downsyncing Shortcuts
    • "Click to add tag" works on single click
    • Improved keyboard entry for Jump to Tags feature
    • Visual improvements on high DPI
    • Misc bug fixes
  • Level 5*

Downloading. I know we've been tough on you on V5 in general, but I know you folks are working hard to get things working just exactly perfectly, so thanks to all the staff working on it.

Thanks for the update :)

Something I have noticed recently in sharing notes/syncing:

- Create note

- Click on Copy URL

- - This forces a sync in which the note is shared.

- Receive notification that sync is complete, link is in the clipboard.

The odd thing?

- Open Evernote again, I see the sync icon still spinning and then a second sync message. Why does this happen?

• Level 5*

One glitch noted: if you Ctrl+Click a couple of tags for multiselection, that works. With respect to Ctrl-clicking on a previously selected tag in order to deselect it, there is apparently some inconsistent behavior depending on whether you click on the first or second of these as they appear in the Search Explanation (that is, alphabetically). In some cases you get the search that you want, in some cases, you get the original search.

Say, for example I have Ctrl+Clicked on "_Todo" and "Worked". That works fine. However after that:

* if I Ctrl+click on the "_Todo" tag (to just focus on "Work" notes), the "_Todo" tag is not deselected and the search is unchanged

* if on the other hand I Ctrl+click on the "Work" tag (to just focus on "_Todo" notes), the "Work" tag is not deselected, but the search is changed such that it's only a "_Todo" search

• Level 5*

Downloading. I know we've been tough on you on V5 in general, but I know you folks are working hard to get things working just exactly perfectly, so thanks to all the staff working on it.

Agree with Jeff, good to take a moment and thank the team for the hard work.

Howdy folks,

We have a bugfix update for at 5.0.1 and of course we'll keep working on making the app better. Thanks to everyone who posted. The release notes are below, the new version is at: http://evernote.s3.amazonaws.com/win5/public/Evernote_5.0.1.1174.exe

• Improvements:
    • Able to multiselect tags with ctrl+click
    •  
  • Fixes:
    • Fix for notelinks across different notebooks
    • "Click to add tag" works on single click
    • Improved keyboard entry for Jump to Tags feature
    • Visual improvements on high DPI
    • Misc bug fixes

Hip hip hurray!  Now does that mean I can select a notebook, then a tag, and only get notes from that notebook with that tag?  (Or ctrl-click to do the same?)  Because that's really important to me.

Is this a fix from the problem I reported where my shortcuts wouldn't sync and eventually were overwritten?

It should prevent that from happening in the future. In your case, there may not be an easy fix once they are overwritten

• Level 5*

Hip hip hurray!  Now does that mean I can select a notebook, then a tag, and only get notes from that notebook with that tag?  (Or ctrl-click to do the same?)  Because that's really important to me.

You use Ctrl+Click to select notebooks and tags together, yes. There are some quirks, related to my above post.

One glitch noted: if you Ctrl+Click a couple of tags for multiselection, that works. With respect to Ctrl-clicking on a previously selected tag in order to deselect it, there is apparently some inconsistent behavior depending on whether you click on the first or second of these as they appear in the Search Explanation (that is, alphabetically). In some cases you get the search that you want, in some cases, you get the original search.

Say, for example I have Ctrl+Clicked on "_Todo" and "Worked". That works fine. However after that:

* if I Ctrl+click on the "_Todo" tag (to just focus on "Work" notes), the "_Todo" tag is not deselected and the search is unchanged

* if on the other hand I Ctrl+click on the "Work" tag (to just focus on "_Todo" notes), the "Work" tag is not deselected, but the search is changed such that it's only a "_Todo" search

We'll look into this. Thanks

There's still a problem with the reminders when it comes to clearing them. Creating reminders and syncing them is fine.

The issue is that if you clear the reminder on Windows and sync it, it would still show up in the list of reminders. If the reminder had a date, then it would just appear as a reminder without a date. However, on other clients, the cleared reminder would sync properly and not show up in your reminders.

If you clear the reminder on another client, then the reminder would disappear from the reminders list in the windows client.

Checking the reminder as "done" doesn't make a difference.

The other Evernote clients that I've tested this on for comparison is the iOS client on iPhone and iPad.

Reminders not reminding.

I have set reminders but do not get reminded when they are due!  I have checked the checkbox marked 'Receive reminder emails' on the 'Reminders' tab under 'Options' but do not receive any notifications.  I would have thought that perhaps there would also be some form of notification within the Windows app when a reminder became due.

Am I missing something?

Reminders not reminding.

I have set reminders but do not get reminded when they are due!  I have checked the checkbox marked 'Receive reminder emails' on the 'Reminders' tab under 'Options' but do not receive any notifications.  I would have thought that perhaps there would also be some form of notification within the Windows app when a reminder became due.

Am I missing something?

Nick, coincidentally, I am literally just now chatting with someone from support.  I have the same issue and have not gotten any emails on my reminders.  Curious, are you a business user?

On the notification within windows itself, I just tested it and you get a small popup like the "syncing" one on the bottom right of the screen

Reminders not reminding.

Am I missing something?

Nick, coincidentally, I am literally just now chatting with someone from support.  I have the same issue and have not gotten any emails on my reminders.  Curious, are you a business user?

On the notification within windows itself, I just tested it and you get a small popup like the "syncing" one on the bottom right of the screen

Hi Xabi,  I'm a Premium user, but not Business user.

Not noticed any pop-up notification at the bottom right, but will look for that.  Thanks

Great to hear there's a new release with some bug fixes so quickly!   I tried it out, but it looks like the reminders search bug hasn't been resolved yet.  So I'll go back to 261488 when it worked, but is there anywhere that we can see a full list of the bugs that were resolved with each release?   All I could find was the "Misc bug fixes" or something like that.

Searching for words will give something improper area of the note being highlighted.

When we search for a given word evernote show the list of notes that contains such word and when we click on a note will highlight in the note where the word appear.

But something the highlight is not at the proper  "line".  It always appear at the proper "column", but not at the proper line.  To resolve the situation, I need to switch between notes from the query results and eventually I will get the proper highlight.

Here is a situation where I have search for the word "livres".  The highlight is way too high from where the word is:

post-59393-0-39067900-1378907963_thumb.p

If I select another notes with the word I was searching for and eventually returned to the note with the problem, the problem will disappear

post-59393-0-78678700-1378908066_thumb.p:

Should be easy to reproduce.

Searching for words will give something improper area of the note being highlighted.

When we search for a given word evernote show the list of notes that contains such word and when we click on a note will highlight in the note where the word appear.

But something the highlight is not at the proper  "line".  It always appear at the proper "column", but not at the proper line.  To resolve the situation, I need to switch between notes from the query results and eventually I will get the proper highlight.

Here is a situation where I have search for the word "livres".  The highlight is way too high from where the word is:

attachicon.gifBadHighlight.png

If I select another notes with the word I was searching for and eventually returned to the note with the problem, the problem will disappear

attachicon.gifGoodHighlight.png:

Should be easy to reproduce.

I have the same issue, but found a text heavy note that would not fix the highlighting after selecting other notes and going back to it.

I found that opening the note with the bad highlighting in its own window will fix the highlighting too.

Unfortunately, the corrected highlighting doesn't stick.

Here is another annoying problem.  I have at least identified 2 notes where it is impossible to add a tag from Evernote for windows:

post-59393-0-18764800-1378911077_thumb.p

Usually I have a place to click to add a tag:

post-59393-0-85086400-1378911189_thumb.p

The only way I have been able to add a tag to my note was to use Evernote for Web.  After doing so, I was able to add new tag to that particular note once synch back to Evernote Windows:

post-59393-0-65209300-1378911331_thumb.p

Hello,

my client keeps crashing without further warning after I open a note clipped with the Web Clipper (from Firefox) and close it again. After restarting the client no error message or crash report appears. My client only crashes after opening and closing notes from Web Clipper. Other notes I can open and close without any problems. By opening and closing I mean double-clicking a note from the snippet view, card view or list view so that it has its own window. When I click the red X on this window to close the note the client will completely crash and disappear immediately.

Does anyone else experience the same behaviour? I had the same issue with the previous release of v5.

Thanks!

• Level 5*

I know this has been posted before, but I just had a local notebook become a synced notebook all by itself.  I use a local folder for import purposes.  Saw the asterisk in Sync column.  Moved notes to a new local notebook and the sync asterisk is still there?

Was okay 2 hours ago.  Fortunately, it is a lightly used notebook so I can delete and readd.  Weird though. 

10 minutes later update.  The new local notebook has also been converted to synced.  Not good since I don't want all of my notes making their way to the web.  Also, I had a stack on my PC of local notebooks.  The stack, with only one notebook moved to the web.  I'm a assuming there is a bug report out there for this already?

I know this has been posted before, but I just had a local notebook become a synced notebook all by itself.  I use a local folder for import purposes.  Saw the asterisk in Sync column.  Moved notes to a new local notebook and the sync asterisk is still there?

Was okay 2 hours ago.  Fortunately, it is a lightly used notebook so I can delete and readd.  Weird though. 

10 minutes later update.  The new local notebook has also been converted to synced.  Not good since I don't want all of my notes making their way to the web.  Also, I had a stack on my PC of local notebooks.  The stack, with only one notebook moved to the web.  I'm a assuming there is a bug report out there for this already?

There are posts about this, and Evernote are aware of it, but so far I think they are having trouble pinning it down.

Could you add any detail that you think is relevant from creating the notebook to it becoming synced?

If you can reproduce it repeatedly, perhaps the steps to do so?

Also, if you have any logs from during the time when it changed from a local to a synced notebook these would be very helpful to them as well.

For the second time now, I have noticed that my default notebook is being changed.

This is the confusing thing, from what I can tell it is ONLY in the Windows client. I think it is a visual thing since the notebook that I normally choose as default receives emails etc.

BUT, the windows client treats the other notebook as my default.

So:

Default notebook is "!inbox"

Windows Client believes and acts as though it is not that notebook but another.

There are posts about this, and Evernote are aware of it, but so far I think they are having trouble pinning it down.

Could you add any detail that you think is relevant from creating the notebook to it becoming synced?

If you can reproduce it repeatedly, perhaps the steps to do so?

Also, if you have any logs from during the time when it changed from a local to a synced notebook these would be very helpful to them as well.

Yes, you can PM me with details and activity logs. We're actively looking into this

There's still a problem with the reminders when it comes to clearing them. Creating reminders and syncing them is fine.

The issue is that if you clear the reminder on Windows and sync it, it would still show up in the list of reminders. If the reminder had a date, then it would just appear as a reminder without a date. However, on other clients, the cleared reminder would sync properly and not show up in your reminders.

If you clear the reminder on another client, then the reminder would disappear from the reminders list in the windows client.

Checking the reminder as "done" doesn't make a difference.

The other Evernote clients that I've tested this on for comparison is the iOS client on iPhone and iPad.

Thanks for posting

I did the Windows client upgrade today (now at v5.0.1.1174), but experiencing problem where Evernote crashes whenever I attempt to update note.  Deleted and re-sync'd the evernote folder, but problem is persisting.

Overall, I love the new update.  One odd behavior I've noticed:

1) I run a saved search

2) I clear it out of the search box (as an aside, I wish I could still run a search without having to clear out the old one first... am I missing something here?)

3) I run a different saved search

4) The tag filters from the original search aren't cleared (the "Search all notes" option in the search bar is checked, if that matters), so I end up searching the intersection of the two saved searches

I'm assuming this isn't by design.  If it is, the only way I've found to start fresh is to click on something in the bar on the left before selecting the 2nd search.  That's actually faster, I suppose, since it automatically clears out the old one at the same time.  But it's not super intuitive, and more to the point seems like one extra click that shouldn't be needed.  If I have a saved search and I run it - it should just run that search.  I can see use cases where I'd want to run a saved search on an already filtered set of data, but presumably that's what the "Search Current Context" option is for.

Version 5.0.1.1174

Hello,

my client keeps crashing without further warning after I open a note clipped with the Web Clipper (from Firefox) and close it again. After restarting the client no error message or crash report appears. My client only crashes after opening and closing notes from Web Clipper. Other notes I can open and close without any problems. By opening and closing I mean double-clicking a note from the snippet view, card view or list view so that it has its own window. When I click the red X on this window to close the note the client will completely crash and disappear immediately.

Does anyone else experience the same behaviour? I had the same issue with the previous release of v5.

Thanks!

I notice this issue after doing 5.0.1.1174 update today, I'm using clipper with Chome browser, but issue appears the same.  Open note not created with clipper in Evernote and it's ok, but simply open and then try to close note created with clipper and Evernote crashes

Noticing an issue that started when I first updated to Evernote 5.

Currently running 5.0.1.1174(261682) Public on a Win7 64bit machine.

When I power on Evernote does NOT start, even though I have Launch Evernote at Windows login.

The issue is I don't have this laptop set up to log in.  It's only single user.

Is there a setting I'm missing?

• Level 5*

For folks who had issues with local notebooks syncing, we pushed out a 5.0.1 hotfix today. It is 5.0.1.1188 and you should find it if you check for updates.

Awesome! Can you share what the problem was (at a "public" kinda level, not programmer level!)?

• Level 5*

For folks who had issues with local notebooks syncing, we pushed out a 5.0.1 hotfix today. It is 5.0.1.1188 and you should find it if you check for updates.

Awesome! Can you share what the problem was (at a "public" kinda level, not programmer level!)?

Sorry, I spoke too soon! I updated, and my main local notebook is currently in the process of synchronizing!!!!!

I will try and provide the log file as soon as I can stop the process.

There really isn't a good public explainable summary. It was weird and sorta obscure (we had only a handful of reports). We ended up having to think sideways to get to the root of the problem. We started off trying to see if folks all used tags, or all used the web clipper and other common threads but that ended up not getting us anywhere. We even at one point noticed that the notebooks themselves had common, single word names.... but that ended up also just being a coincidence. We kept commenting that the activity logs all looked really normal, almost unusually normal. Which oddly enough ended up being something that helped point us along the right path.

Special thanks for all the folks who willingly wrote us paragraphs of seemingly mundane details that helped us eventually figure it out.

Sorry, I spoke too soon! I updated, and my main local notebook is currently in the process of synchronizing!!!!!

One thing is that what causes the issue often isn't triggered until after a restart. So the issue actually remains dormant for a while, making it extra stupefying. So you could've already set things in motion (so to speak) before upgrading.

Do still send over the activity logs. There's no need to keep the culprit notebook, so feel free to recreate your local notebook. I'll chat with you via PM after I take a look at the logs

• Level 5*

One thing is that what causes the issue often isn't triggered until after a restart. So the issue actually remains dormant for a while, making it extra stupefying. So you could've already set things in motion (so to speak) before upgrading.

Do still send over the activity logs. There's no need to keep the culprit notebook, so feel free to recreate your local notebook. I'll chat with you via PM after I take a look at the logs

Thanks. I am in the process of moving all my notes into a new local notebook. It takes a while, as am sure you realize, to move 9500 notes.

I remain puzzled by the fact that after the upgrade to version 5 I have more notes inside of the Windows version than from the Web version.

post-59393-0-64857500-1379077756_thumb.p

On Android the number of notes is the same as on the Web.

Is there something that has changed on Windows when counting the number of notes?

Any way to identify the 21 notes that are count as extra?

I'm getting an application lockup (Not Responding) during sync.  I'm on version .1188 though I had it in the previous as well.  It happens at every sync.  I have 5,000 notes about 800 of which are business notebooks and are shared.  

The lockup seems to occur when the "synchronizing joined notebooks" starts and persists until the sync is finished.  This occurs whether I manually trigger the sync or it does so automatically.

It seems unlikely that it's related, but I mention it just in case: before I upgraded I had an issue wherein whenever I attempted to copy a link (not a URL link for sharing) it would trigger a sync.  In fact my frustration with this is the reason that I did the upgrade.  I'd previously tried Evernote 5 but it was far enough from being ready for prime-time as to be obstructive to my work-flow; fortunately things are much farther along and it's mostly usable (though I still would like some sort of visual indication of what is a personal and what is a business notebook as well as which have been shared and which haven't).

Here is a quite annoying behavior I receive from V5.

When I double-click on a note it will open outside of Evernote, in its own window, as expected.

But when I closed that note/window, Evernote completely close itself, not just that particular window.  When I restart evernote, the note displayed is far from being the last edited one (2 years old note is selected).

Version 5.0.1.1188(261696)

• Level 5*

I'm using version 5.0.1.1188 and I can't seem to find the trashcan anywhere. As far as I know it should be available in the Notebooks list, but I can't see it there. None of the icons and menu options seem to allow me to access it either. How can I fix this?

You can stick it on the toolbar if you want. Right-click on the toolbar and select the Delete icon.

I'm using version 5.0.1.1188 and I can't seem to find the trashcan anywhere. As far as I know it should be available in the Notebooks list, but I can't see it there. None of the icons and menu options seem to allow me to access it either. How can I fix this?

You can stick it on the toolbar if you want. Right-click on the toolbar and select the Delete icon.

But isn't that for deleting notes? What I need is to see my deleted notes (I suck at explaining myself sometimes, sorry).

• Level 5*

Oh

But isn't that for deleting notes? What I need is to see my deleted notes (I suck at explaining myself sometimes, sorry).

Oh, duh. The Trash appears in the Notebooks tree. You can drag it up into Shortcuts if you want.

For me, current note toolbar behavior is very inconvenient. I couldn't find a way to edit source URL via "Info" button until I eventually found a way to do that by randomly clicking on the toolbar. I still don't know the exact place to click for that to happen though. Why isn't there a possibility to show exactly how much information I want visible without extra clicks (like in the previous versions)?

Hello,

I recently upgraded to 5.01 and have noticed the following:

• Web Clipper doesn't seem to work - get an error 'cannot connect to server'
  • Skitch integration doesn't seem to work - in a PDF, selected text, right click 'Markup with Skitch' - nothing happens at all

Thoughts?

Hi ... have GA 5.0.1.11188 installed on a Windows 8 machine.

There is odd behaviour when closing a note.

If I open Evernote, open a note and then use the Window 'x' icon to close the note, Evernote closes along with the note.

If I open Evernote, open a note and then choose File->Close, only the note closes and the Windows 'x' works correctly when opening and closing other notes.

And sometimes the reverse occurs, the Windows 'x' works correctly and selecting File->Close in a note closes the note and Evernote.

Use use evernote on Windows 8 64 and Vista 64, as well as Android. I love the new interface and features. However it is NOTICEABLY slower THAN previous versions on both windows platforms. to do any kind of merge or large edit in an existing document it will actually report not responding. I know evernote is working in the background, but I am not used to the LAG. I am wondering if its the program or how large my database could be getting. Is there a way to optimize files or a cap on the amount of data evernote desktop should hold.?

Bugreport:

• Click "New Note" to create a new note
  • A new note is successfully created
  • Without editing this note, double click on the "untitled note" to open and edit in a separate window
  • Instead of the new note, the last created note is being displayed and not the new and empty note

Somebody else experience this?

Bugreport:

• Without editing this note, double click on the "untitled note" to open and edit in a separate window
  • Instead of the new note, the last created note is being displayed and not the new and empty note

I don't see this behavior. If anyone else does, please let us know.

• Level 5*

Bugreport:

I am seeing this.

Bugreport:

I am also seeing this. Just following the steps above I can reproduce it every time. Using Strg-N instead of clicking on "New note" makes no difference. The new (empty) note is never opened up, always the last created one.

Bugreport:

I am also seeing this. Just following the steps above I can reproduce it every time. Using Strg-N instead of clicking on "New note" makes no difference. The new (empty) note is never opened up, always the last created one.

Not seeing this.

Evernote 5.0.1.1188

Windows 8 Version 6.2 (Build 9200)

Regards

Chris

Bugreport:

I have played around with this a bit. It was not the last created one that showed up in the edit window, it was a note I had created a few notes ago.

Deleting this note switched the behaviour again to "show the last created note" instead of the now deleted note, but still not the new empty note.

Funny thing was, I made a new test-note. After deleting it, it was still shown following the steps above. After clicking on "permanently delete it" the behaviour vanished - clicking on the new untitled note opened up the new empty note as expected.

After creating a "real" new note with title and text the behaviour stated above returned...

My system: Windows 7, 64-bit

• Level 5*

Bugreport:

I am seeing this on my home machine as well. Consistently.

Bugreport:

I am seeing this on my home machine as well. Consistently.

Me three.

For folks seeing this, is anyone else using Win7 64bit? Perhaps it is limited to specific versions of Windows

I'm on Win7 32-bit on both machines.  Though when I tried to replicate recently, I got the below problem instead:

1) Created new note

2) opened "Untitled Note" and titled it "test1"

3) closed "test1"

4) "Untitled Note" remains along with "test 1".

post-79415-0-52267100-1379610440_thumb.j

• 4 months later...

And why can't the windows client work like other clients in regard to support of reminders without having to do search 'tricks'?

It seems so incredibly simple to have something that will list upcoming reminders by date.  The IOS client does it.

These inconsistencies between platforms is frustrating.  This is one thing that doesn't seem to have a technical barrier that would inhibit it.

I love evernote but can't understand such limitations.

• Level 5*

And why can't the windows client work like other clients in regard to support of reminders without having to do search 'tricks'?

It seems so incredibly simple to have something that will list upcoming reminders by date.  The IOS client does it.

These inconsistencies between platforms is frustrating.  This is one thing that doesn't seem to have a technical barrier that would inhibit it.

I love evernote but can't understand such limitations.

The Windows client maintains a separate reminder list in the Snippet and Card views (not the list view, unfortunately). Reminders show at the top of those note views, relative to your current search filter, and are sortable by date or by title.

I have version 5.1.2.2387 of the client.  I always use the Snippet or Card View.

I don't see any separate reminder list.  I have it set for "All Notes".  It is sorting notes by "Updated".

Not sure how/where the reminders are..  i did a search of remindertime:day and then they come up...  not pretty (like it doesn't show the dates on the cards, but they are in upcoming order).   

And not much consistency between platforms/user interfaces.

thanks, tho for your comment!!!

• Level 5*

I have version 5.1.2.2387 of the client.  I always use the Snippet or Card View.

I don't see any separate reminder list.  I have it set for "All Notes".  It is sorting notes by "Updated".

Not sure how/where the reminders are..  i did a search of remindertime:day and then they come up...  not pretty (like it doesn't show the dates on the cards, but they are in upcoming order).   

And not much consistency between platforms/user interfaces.

thanks, tho for your comment!!!

The list is at the top of the note list for Snippet and Card view, exactly like the web client and exactly like the Android client.

post-49273-0-98227900-1392139137_thumb.p

It's a separate list, labelled "Reminders", and can be hidden or opened, just like the web and Android clients.

You can sort by reminder date or by note title, show upcoming reminders and show (or not) recently completed reminders, just like the web and Android clients.

The Reminders list is not affected by sorting -- it's always at the top of the note list, if there are any reminders in your current note filter, just like, yes, the web client and the Android client.

I can't speak for the Mac or Android, but with respect to the clients that I do use, the Reminders list is actually one of the *most* consistent pieces of UI in Evernote across platforms.

nope, don't have the "Reminders" section.  I may have at one time, but not now and I don't see any way to bring it back.

thanks tho.

I guess that when you are saying "reminders", actually you are referring to the "favorite bar" that we had in Evernote 4 for windows desktop. With Evernote 5 this favorite bar has gone and now we have "shortcuts" in the left panel. 

• Level 5*

Reminders are reminders, which never existed in Evernote for Windows in the 4.x versions, and so could never have been in the favorites bar. They live at the top of the Card and Snippet views, as I've said previously (and posted a screenshot of). If it's not there, that just means that there are no notes with reminders in your current search filter, unless there's a bug (possible, but I haven't heard of anyone else with a missing Reminders section) or a way to disable the reminders list (it would need to be in the registry settings, as there is no UI command for that).

unless there's a bug (possible, but I haven't heard of anyone else with a missing Reminders section) or a way to disable the reminders list (it would need to be in the registry settings, as there is no UI command for that).

What value does this have:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Evernote\Evernote\ShowReminders

Also, I recall a bug in an older version where the settings in the reminders could mean they don't show. I think a solution was to create a note without a time set, and then change the reminders option back.

Not sure how long ago that was though, or even if it still exists.

• Level 5*

unless there's a bug (possible, but I haven't heard of anyone else with a missing Reminders section) or a way to disable the reminders list (it would need to be in the registry settings, as there is no UI command for that).

What value does this have:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Evernote\Evernote\ShowReminders

Also, I recall a bug in an older version where the settings in the reminders could mean they don't show. I think a solution was to create a note without a time set, and then change the reminders option back.

Not sure how long ago that was though, or even if it still exists.

Right on cue, Scott. :) That's the 'unless'...

Archived