(Archived) (Apparently) losing tags (but actually not)

Hi all,

Just posting about an issue that's bugged me for a while that I just had a realisation about.

There have been a few times where I've experienced lost tagging 'work'. Where I'm sure a tag has a certain number of notes attached to it, but later I see that it only has a few, or none. It's an aggravating situation. It doesn't happen frequently but when it has happened I feel a sense of lost trust in the system (and have to remind myself how great it is otherwise!).

I have an example to show here - BUT on installing Ev5 (to a separate machine) I've just realised my issues isn't an Evernote cloud issue; rather it's a local database issue. Let me explain.

See the following attached image. Here are two tags I know used to have tons of notes attached - I know one had hundreds and the other over a thousand. Now, only a few:

post-98847-0-58835100-1378820287_thumb.p

(in case you're wondering I have a health issue that responds well to diet - I tracked what I ate and how I felt for months!)

But these tags have LOST their attached notes. Right? Well! I come to install Ev5 on a separate (virtual) machine and this is what I see:

post-98847-0-06896900-1378820424_thumb.p

The notes are back attached to the tags!

Which is actually a great relief, because all that tagging 'work' hasn't been lost!

Is this local DB file corruption do we think? My DB file is 10.6Gb.

Archived