Exporting credit card statements with receipts and email invoices to pdf

Kay in t Veen

Hi all,

Im using evernote to go paperless anytime soon. but the most important task for me in my small business is collecting receipts of credit card payments. my accountant needs these statements with all receipts connected to it. but these exists of scanned pdf's of receipts or paper invoices and clipped email notes.

when i export these the clipped emails do not get exported well.

What i currently do is. 

My statements are per month. so i made a tag "cc 09-2013" that stands for credit card september 2013. works amazingly well. i got everything from 03-2013 to 09-2013 in there already.

CloudHQ is something i tried, but therefor it needs to be in a seperate notbook, and if needed i will do that but if there is a better solution that would be amazing.

Hi Kay,

Can you let us know what platform and software version.

Not really sure what you mean by 'the clipped emails do not get exported well'. Can you advise what is in the emails and what is going wrong with them.

Best regards

Chris

Currently use the most recent mac version. 

But what i mean is mainly the situation where i clip a email invoice (like you get from shutterstock, or other services that not send you a pdf receipt) 

those get not exported well only the attached image get exported. (saving attachments)

Hi Kay,

Whilst I do have a Mac, I don't use Evernote on it that much, only for testing purposes. Hopefully someone who can test will do so.

On my Windows version I always send an email as a new Note, rather than clipping.

Best regards

Chris

Currently use the most recent mac version. 

But what i mean is mainly the situation where i clip a email invoice (like you get from shutterstock, or other services that not send you a pdf receipt) 

those get not exported well only the attached image get exported. (saving attachments)

I'm not sure I understand the problem here;

Have happend if you forward your email to your personal evernote @ adresse ? Does you got the whole email and attatchments in an evernote note if you do this ?

Sincerely

Arvid

I think a question to answer is how are you "clipping" this information into Evernote? You mention from email, are you using the clip tool in Outlook? Sometimes when I forward an email to Evernote the formatting gets messed up, but when i clip through the EN Outlook tool, I get a cleaner "copy".

How are you clipping?

I think a question to answer is how are you "clipping" this information into Evernote? You mention from email, are you using the clip tool in Outlook? Sometimes when I forward an email to Evernote the formatting gets messed up, but when i clip through the EN Outlook tool, I get a cleaner "copy".

How are you clipping?

Yeah using a gmail plugin. but the thing is.. the best way to export is just save attachments and thats where it goes wrong. for now i print to pdf and the manually add it to evernote. really not ideal but have not found a better solution just yet. 

if someone knows how to export all notes via pdf via a tool or something by tag that would be amazing. (the notebook contains all receipts and statements combined. and get seperated by tags)

I think the solution you're looking for involves printing your page to PDF for Evernote.

This is off the top of my head, I'm working on a PC and don't have my MacBook handy.

At the print dialog, click on "PDF" (I believe it's somewhere in the bottom left). In the menu that drops down, one of the selections ought to be "PDF to Evernote." Click that, and it should print a PDF and then automatically open Evernote to receive the PDF.

I think this option gets installed when you first install Evernote. But if it's nto there, this thread gives some information that's relevant to making this work: http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/20799-save-pdf-to-evernote-print-option-gone-after-upgrade/

Archived