Ways to pay for a premium account

Pspaan

Dear Evernote,

I'd like to try Evernote Premium. Unfortunately it is nog possible to pay with Paypal(without a creditcard link) or Ideal.

Is it possible to increase the possiblilities for payments?

With kind regards,

Peter Spaan

• 8 months later...

Hello Heather,

Thank u for your response.

Well i have a little problemen because i don't have Iphone. I'm an android user.

So if i understand this correctly, i can't buy Evernote premium.

Dear Evernote, maybe it's handy to upgrade your possibilities on this. I think i'm not the only one who wants to upgrade, but don't have the possibility.

With kind regards,

Peter

Hello Heather,

Thank u for your response.

Well i have a little problemen because i don't have Iphone. I'm an android user.

So if i understand this correctly, i can't buy Evernote premium.

Dear Evernote, maybe it's handy to upgrade your possibilities on this. I think i'm not the only one who wants to upgrade, but don't have the possibility.

With kind regards,

Peter

In the eight months since Heather's reply, I would have thought you could have gone to Evernote.com (even on your Android phone) and purchased a premium account...??? Or through iTunes.com. I don't think you have to have an iDevice to buy things from iTunes. People buy songs & movies from a PC all the time.

• 3 months later...

Hi, I just paid for Premium for the first time for $5 this month, but decided I want to pay for a year rather than go month to month, which is more expensive. How do I turn my monthly into a yearly now? I'm not seeing anything on the Play store where it says Subscription. 

thanks in advance,

Mark

• Level 5*

I'm a premium member, and the Change Subscription option is "not" grayed out for me so I'm just guessing here, but I wonder if you first have to go to Account Summary --> Billing Summary and cancel your current monthly subscription there first before the switch to Premium is allowed.  I don't believe this cancels your current month of premium but instead cancels it from continuing for additional months.

I'm a premium member, and the Change Subscription option is "not" grayed out for me so I'm just guessing here, but I wonder if you first have to go to Account Summary --> Billing Summary and cancel your current monthly subscription there first before the switch to Premium is allowed.  I don't believe this cancels your current month of premium but instead cancels it from continuing for additional months.

I considered that. I just don't want to be double billed. I took advantage of Premium chat and this is what I was told, which makes sense:

So it looks like you subscribed through Google Play Store with Evernote. To change this you will have to unsubscribe through Google Play first and then once the subscription runs out you are able to renew for a full year through the Evernote website.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

I got an email that I could upgrade to premium with 40% less and I wanted to use that, but could only pay with credit card, which I don't have. I tried it with the android app, but there I don't get the discount. I can't contact the support because I get logged out every time I try. That's frustrating. Any way I can order a working premium version now? I don't want a prepaid credit card, the costs for that are not worth the difference of the discount ...

• Level 5

My experience with payment changes for Premium: Don’t worry, take the easy way, they want your money (really) ...

In my account I had EN points that I wanted to use for the Premium account. This was not possible as long as the iTunes abo was still running. So I contacted Support, they were quite helpful.

We let the paid Premium expire ! I had to cancel it through my iTunes account, which is done on an  i-device or via desktop / browser.

You will get a reminder, and another - the Premium level will stay some days behind the official date. Even if it expires, no problem with the data you have, they will stay. Just some functions will be temporarily disabled. Between the expiring and the deadline you can set up a new plan as you wish, without loosing any money already paid before. You will even get some Premium days for free 😎

With Googles play store, I have no experience. With iTunes everything worked nicely. I am now running on my points, and will switch back to the yearly plan I had before when the 6 month on points are over.

So don’t panic, just let it run down to the last buck, and make the switch then.

I usually hold a balance on my iTunes account, so I do not use my credit card for my services and purchases. It may be that a credit card is needed to open the account, this I am not sure about. If you look out, you will even get a discount on the iTunes gift cards from time to time. I think these are available in local currency everywhere (though I do not positively know this regarding Nigeria).

Archived