REQUEST: View all tags in Information view for a note

I often use a lot of tags with my notes, and I'd love a way to be able to view all tags on a given note at a glance (no scrolling).  I recognize this could be a real estate problem for the browser view, but it seems reasonable for the Information popup -- I want it to be more informative!  This request would be for all platforms.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

missing this is a huge time (and keyboard/mouse click) waste.  All should be visible esp. on a desktop (just wrap to another line), in Android show all on the "tag" screen and have a drop-down box(most efficient) or at minimum a button (a +_plus sign?) in the title bar to add more tags.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Well, on the upside, by posting this here on the forum, you have officially given Evernote a Feature Request! ☺

Evernote does read every post on the forum, but seldom partcipates or responds to anything. Nor do they share the company roadmap so even the forum moderators couldn't tell you when, or if, such a feature will be implemented.

• 7 months later...

I agree with the request. Tags are one of the ways I keep track of my thousands of notes--yes, thousands. But sometimes I need to clear out some old tags when circumstances require it. Seeing all the tags in a single note in a way to edit or update them is essential. 

• Level 5*

I agree with the request. Tags are one of the ways I keep track of my thousands of notes--yes, thousands. But sometimes I need to clear out some old tags when circumstances require it. Seeing all the tags in a single note in a way to edit or update them is essential. 

Windows client:

* Right-click on a note in the note list

* Select "Tag Note..."

* Check the "Hide unassigned tags" checkbox

* View/Edit to your heart's content (the dialog is resizable)

• Level 5*

I often use a lot of tags with my notes, and I'd love a way to be able to view all tags on a given note at a glance (no scrolling).  I recognize this could be a real estate problem for the browser view, but it seems reasonable for the Information popup -- I want it to be more informative!  This request would be for all platforms.

This is a great idea!  We definitely need somewhere we can see all tags assigned to a Note.

IMO, there is plenty of room to do this on the main Note panel where the Notebook and Tags are currently displayed.

They could easily make 3 rows (instead of 2) in this header area, and make the Tags section auto-wrap and auto-expand display height.

Here's a quick-and-dirty layout of the Note Header area just to illustrate the point.  Obviously needs work.

Screenshot of Current design in EN Mac 6.0.6

EN-Mac-606-Note-Header.png

Screenshot of Design to show more tags:

EN-Mac-Note-Header-Proposed.png

• 2 months later...

Can't believe this is still this way, sure would be nice to see ALL tags easily. It's almost silly (and very frustrating) trying to browse notes and see all of the tags assigned to each one. I sure hope Evernote fixes this, couldn't be that hard.

• 9 months later...

I am still waiting for this feature for more than a year. It is next to impossible to remember all of the tags that might apply to something unless I can see them and say, check them off. Very frustrated that this has not been implemented. I don't care how much of the screen it takes up if it lessens having to go back and retag things where I missed ones. Give an option to turn it on and off and then everyone is happy. Please please make this an option. 

• 1 year later...

I also really need to be able to see more than one line of tags at a glance, without having to notice and use the dropdown on the right of the toolbar to see more tags that have been allocated.  Very surprised this is not customisable.

Archived