(Archived) download Evernote V4 for windows?

janet4

I have not upgraded my Evernote to V5.  The complaints thread has me scared off for the moment. 

I want to put Evernote on my daughter's computer and have her on the same version as mine.  Is there a way to download the old version?

Thanks!

• Level 5

Janet4 - wise move to be cautious.

Here is a neat site with a lot of past releases of Evernote. By the way, there has been discussion on this forum about whether the 5.0 release is a public release for general use or still a beta. The jury is still out - mixed signals coming from Evernote. The general consensus is the public general release will be coming out very soon possibly in a week, even with the bugs and warts mentioned by others.

http://www.filehippo.com/download_evernote/history/

• Just in case of data corruption during the upgrade, I stored this link in Google Keep as well as Evernote.
  • Also backing up religiously and maintaining a rotating set of 7 Daily, 5 Weekly, and 4 Monthly Evernote backups.
  • Not going to perform V5 install for at least 2 months after the release of a public non-beta version.

key words restore old version V5

Search Code 92EM27

• Just in case of data corruption during the upgrade, I stored this link in Google Keep as well as Evernote.
  • Also backing up religiously and maintaining a rotating set of 7 Daily, 5 Weekly, and 4 Monthly Evernote backups.
  • Not going to perform V5 install for at least 2 months after the release of a public non-beta version.

Search Code 92E

If anyone else is following this thread, the AfterDawn link DOES NOT work (and before the installer fails, it tries to install a bunch of AVG utilities for you).

The filehippo one worked for me though.

@jbenson2 -- What are you using to back up Evernote?  Do you just export all your notebooks?  Is there a backup utility I should know about for Evernotebooks?

• Level 5

Search Code 92E

@jbenson2 -- What are you using to back up Evernote?  Do you just export all your notebooks?  Is there a backup utility I should know about for Evernotebooks?

Backing up Evernote Windows is a piece of cake.

>Tools >Options >General Tab

Then click on Open Database Folder

All you stuff is stored in the .exb file

To be extra safe, I move one directory (folder) level up and simply copy the entire "Databases" directory to my backup directory. My backup directories are on an external hard drive, but you can simply copy the the .exb file to another directory on your own computer.

I also rely on Carbonite (3rd party) to back up all my data on an ongoing basis to an offsite location.

Archived