Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hackademic

mac (Archived) Applescript to create Index Notes

To scratch an itch I had, I wrote a couple of Applescripts to automatically generate Index Notes. Index Notes contain a list of all of the notes for a particular criterion in which every note title is a hyperlink to that note. 

I wrote one script to create an Index Note of a notebook. When run, it offers you a list of all of your notebooks, you select the one you want and it creates a new note in that notebook with hyperlinks to all of the other notes in that notebook. 

The second script generates an Index Note for a particular tag. When run, it offers a list of all of your tags, you select one and it creates a new note in your default notebook with hyperlinks to all of the notes that have that tag. 

You could put these Index Notes in your Shortcuts section to create a new level of organization and access to your notes. 

I've written up a bit more on the scripts here: http://bit.ly/19dqP7f

You can also find links to download them there. 

Hope this helps someone else besides me. 

stephen

I'm on Evernote 5.2.1 for the Mac, and that option does not appear whenever I select multiple notes. I think that its a great functionality tho. 

It's worth noting though, that the script to index tags is unique (if a bit superfluous).