(Archived) Multiple User in single account?

tlitov

I am trying to find the best way to get my spouse to use Evernote as well. I currently use it but want to be able to share certain notes with her that we can both update and will sync automatically.  Is there a way to have a second user on an account or do we both have to have seperate accounts? Then - do we both have to be premium (having to pay twice?)  Is there a way to have a "family" account where there are x number of users and with a premium account - certain notes can be shared and others secured.

I tried in vain to figure this out from the forums but am overwhlemed.  I'd love someone to speak with (go figure). I'm open to upgrading and paying for Premium but am concerned my spouse won't use it... Any thoughts or comments appreciated.

Tzachi

• Level 5*

OK - simple terms:  to allow someone else to edit your notes,  one of you has to be premium.  But that Prem user can then share notes with another free user and allow editing.  Or you could share account details and hope both of you aren't editing the same note at the same time....

OK - simple terms:  to allow someone else to edit your notes,  one of you has to be premium.  But that Prem user can then share notes with another free user and allow editing.  Or you could share account details and hope both of you aren't editing the same note at the same time....

That would work great. I can then initially try Premium on a monthly basis and see how it goes. Thank YOU! Very appreciated.

• 2 months later...

That would work great. I can then initially try Premium on a monthly basis and see how it goes. Thank YOU! Very appreciated.

tlitov your question is exactly the one i was trying to get an answer, me trying to get my spouse to use it. I am starting to use it heavily for work and personal, can we (with one of us as a premium member) share notes both ways, i.e. she can share with me if I'm the premium member?

• Level 5*

Just to be clear ONLY premium users can allow others to edit their notes.

tlitov your question is exactly the one i was trying to get an answer, me trying to get my spouse to use it. I am starting to use it heavily for work and personal, can we (with one of us as a premium member) share notes both ways, i.e. she can share with me if I'm the premium member?

Shane - it's worked well for us so far.  I have the Premium account and I'm able to share notes with my wife.  I now have one of our sons using it as well and have been able to have "shared notes" with him as well.  The key is that when setting up a shared note - it has to originate with you (ie the Premium user).  So far, so good on our end.

Archived