(Archived) Running Multiple Versions Of Evernote?

CaptainTime

I am really intrigued to try the newest Windows Beta (would love to have the highlighter option). I am a productivity tools junkie, so I am not really concerned about a few glitches in a beta - that is why they are put out there.

But I teach beginners Evernote and I wouldn't recommend they use beta software so I would be showing them the latest stable release when I train. Is it possible to run both the beta and the latest stable release? Any issues around trying this? I wouldn't have both open at the same time.

Thanks,

I am really intrigued to try the newest Windows Beta (would love to have the highlighter option). I am a productivity tools junkie, so I am not really concerned about a few glitches in a beta - that is why they are put out there.

But I teach beginners Evernote and I wouldn't recommend they use beta software so I would be showing them the latest stable release when I train. Is it possible to run both the beta and the latest stable release? Any issues around trying this? I wouldn't have both open at the same time.

Thanks,

Last I knew, the Windows 5 beta could not be run on the same computer as the public version b/c they use the same database. I don't know if that is still true, but I'd guess it would be.

• Level 5*

Actually, the V5 client changes the database schema, if I recall correctly (can take some time on first installation), so it's probably not recommended to run them simultaneously, unless you use separate database files. I wouldn't do this lightly, but it might be interesting to find out whether it can be done.

Actually, the V5 client changes the database schema, if I recall correctly (can take some time on first installation), so it's probably not recommended to run them simultaneously, unless you use separate database files. I wouldn't do this lightly, but it might be interesting to find out whether it can be done.

I re-read dlu's post (pinned in the beta section) & it said the new DB overwrites the old one. So it may be that once you get the beta up & running, a computer savvy person could install the public version & restore the public version database from a backup into a different directory.

Archived