(Archived) Difference between evernote web and evernote desktop

Hi all,

Probably a simple question: I have just started to use evernote and understand that their is their are the web and desktop/windows format.

I can only find the reminder button functionality on the web evernote? Am I missing something on the desktop version?

Also, if I choose to work only on the web evernote, will my information, notebooks and so on synch to my desktop version? I have seen that the other way around is possible, however, I like the look of the web version, especially since it has the reminder function which is awesome.

Thanks for your input folks

• Level 5*

Hi all,

Probably a simple question: I have just started to use evernote and understand that their is their are the web and desktop/windows format.

I can only find the reminder button functionality on the web evernote? Am I missing something on the desktop version?

Also, if I choose to work only on the web evernote, will my information, notebooks and so on synch to my desktop version? I have seen that the other way around is possible, however, I like the look of the web version, especially since it has the reminder function which is awesome.

Thanks for your input folks

Hi. Welcome to the forums.

Each of the clients has limits, but the desktop versions on Mac and Windows are generally the most powerful. Here is a list of limits I know about:

http://www.christopher-mayo.com/?p=169

I believe the latest Windows beta may have Reminders. If it doesn't, it will surely be coming any day now. Mac already has them. Everything will sync fine if you use the Web version, as the notes made there are stored directly on Evernote's servers.

• Evernote Expert
The current beta version V5 beta 3 supports multiple features which are new, off them, it supports highlighting as well as Reminders, and trust me, as i have always felt, the Windows edition is a beast. To get the best value of Evernote, ensure you use their mac and windows clients. Soon, these features will find their way into the regular release.

Archived