(Archived) change Clipper icon color?

philanon

• 4 weeks later...

I had the same problem - here is how I fixed it. Note this may not, and probably is not, a permanent fix as I suspect that if I reinstall the web-clipper I'll have to do this again. But it's easy and it works so - here you go.

1) Shut down Firefox and search in C:\Users\<Your User Name> (MIne is "Joe" so: C:\Users\Joe) for "elephant.png". I found it on my system in a folder named:

C:\Users\Joe\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\2c5mazes.default-1379778883947\extensions\{E0B8C461-F8FB-49b4-8373-FE32E9252800}\chrome\skin\classic\webclipper4\win

NOTE: The folder will likely have a different path name on your system as it is unique to a profile... so the above name won't work on your system - search for "elephant.png" in C:\Users\<your user name> and you should find it.

2) I moved the file "elephant.png" to a temp folder so I didn't lose it.

3) In the *same* folder is a gray icon file called "webclipper16.png". I copied it and renamed the copy "elephant.png".

4) Restarted Firefox and bingo: Nice gray icon for the Evernote webclipper.

There is also a larger icon (24 pixel) in the same folder called "webclipper24.png" that you can try as well. Or you can grab one of the green Evernote icon files elsewhere and use it. I tried that, but the gray icon better suited my Firefox look.

Good luck - hope this helps.

Archived