jgbrown

web ANSWERED Where is the print button in the new editor?

I'm quite willing to be told that I am blind as a bat, but... Where the devil is the Print button in the latest update of the web editor?

• Like 2

I just had the same question this morning as I frantically attempted to print notes for my weekly meeting with my boss.  Just back from vacation and finding some things have changed in Evernote.  Really had issues trying to create bullets and numbered lists in the new editor.  It's not intuitive nor does it work like bullets in Word, and I don't recall having these problems before.  Is it just me or has something changed with this as well?  And forget about trying to resize a block of text with different levels (bulleted or numbered list)--some resizes, some doesn't.  I don't like what I'm seeing and I'm very bummed, because I've recently started trying to make Evernote my go to.  And yes, sorry, sometimes I DO need to print things...

• Like 1

No shame in printing things when you need them.  Bullets and numbered lists however have been a tad 'erratic' since forever,  though I don't use the web client and have no special wish to leap to its defence..  standard advice in this situation is that you can save Office documents to your notes,  which if you're a premium member will be indexed as usual.  If you're not so honoured,  save the document file and roughly copy/ paste the content as plain text for indexing/ searching purposes.  Then you can find your documents and use the power of a bespoke word processor to lay them out and print them perfectly when required...

Yup, bit of a pain that the print button is missed off the new design...hope they remember to slot it back in.

If you right click on the note title in the snippets or list pane then there's a print option :)

• Like 3

Thanks Jon-t.  That does it...just what I needed!  But I do wish they would restore the print button and fix the editor.  

Yeah, the editor is not really designed for productivity at all! I just had a nightmare trying to take notes during a phone call with a prospective customer.

Each time I clicked on New Note and blank note would appear but when I clicked on the body to edit it would revert back to the note at the top of the list!! Did this a few times and then finally got a window I could type into - a bit later when Iooked at it I'd got 6 untitled notes lol.......really need it to be quick and easy....

This is ridiculous. I just spent 20minutes trying to work out how to print a note from web, or even find advice on how to print.

A substantial barrier, was that I was not accessing the note from the snippet or list view, but have my to-do lists shown in the reminder section. In this instance the right click does not bring up Evernote options, and hence no print option can be seen.

Quite frankly it should just have a print button on the edit note view.

Thanks Gary.  Unfortunately when I tried that all formatting (bullets, indentation, etc.) disappeared.

What did work was right-clicking a snippet and selecting print.  That preserved the formatting.

Still frustrated with the quality of the editor though.  

• Like 1

Thanks for cluing me in to the right-click Print function, folks. I agree that this is extremely non-intuitive, and that the Print button should be resurrected.

Is there a dedicated forum for submitting feature requests?

JGB

Is there a dedicated forum for submitting feature requests?

This forum is monitored for feature requests, though you may not get a response from an Evernote employee. You can also submit requests through the support channel.

Please reconsider the process to print a note.

One of the problems with the lack of a print button, is when you hit the icon 'Open note in a new window'. 

In doing this:

- Hitting the menu option in Chrome (top right) hides the note that you have just opened.

- Right-clicking in the note to access the context menu tends to highlight a word which then means only that word is printed.

You can get around it by right-clicking the Evernote bar at the top of the screen. But this requires you to know there is a solution and go looking for it.

I came here looking for some way to print while retaining formatting. Thanks @mtncat for pointing out I can print the selected text only. That works perfectly.

I, too, got frustrated trying to find the print button.  Right-clicking on the snippet list is the least intuitive option one could imagine.  What I finally worked out was to open the note in a new window (there *is* a button for that and then use Ctrl-P.  This is another example of an "improvement" that's two steps backwards.  For all my notes now I've gone back to to Word and using Skydrive. Sigh.

BTW, when I finally got it to print I use the Snagit printer driver which opens up the Snagit editor and I can format the printout to be more presentable.

Snagit is free from Techsmith.com

This is the second time I've had to google to figure out how to do something in evernote. This UI is horrendous.

This is the second time I've had to google to figure out how to do something in evernote. This UI is horrendous.

Selecting the note from the results pane & right clicking to print hardly seems horrendous. 

Selecting the note from the results page and right clicking to print is horrendous because it doesn't work. The print preview shows nothing useful:

OINiLuL.jpg?1

Selecting the note from the results pane & right clicking to print hardly seems horrendous. 

• Like 1

I just switched back to the old editor, because the print button is ESSENTIAL for me. The fact that it is gone entirely is baffling. None of the workarounds posted on this thread have worked for me.

If Evernote forces everyone into a solution that doesn't have a print button, I will have to migrate to another service. So frustrating, and such a waste of time. 

I just switched back to the old editor, because the print button is ESSENTIAL for me. The fact that it is gone entirely is baffling. None of the workarounds posted on this thread have worked for me.

If Evernote forces everyone into a solution that doesn't have a print button, I will have to migrate to another service. So frustrating, and such a waste of time. 

The web beta is known not to be feature complete, and, being a pre-release, may not be for everyone (current release notes). The old web client is still available, you you should probably stick to that for the time being.

How do you switch back to the old editor?

Either that or I ditch Evernote and use Google Drive exclusively.

I used to be able to print pretty simply from the Kindle Fire HDX by using the Share feature.  That is totally worthless to me now because it wants to collaborate with other Evernote users.  However, by sifting through the posts on this forum, I stumbled on this drill down. 

In the note itself, highlight a word then SELECT ALL.  Then you can share, and my printer app is one of the sharing options.  That actually gives a better printout than previously because I don't have all the Evernote stationery surrounding the printout, which was an irritation in itself with the wasted ink and the Evernote banner all around the page.

This is really clumsy and shouldn't have taken me hours to figure out.  I know this is a free app, but I am seriously looking around for another note-taking application.  If I can find one that will import from Evernote, I'll probably make the switch.

Hi.  This is a thread about printing from the EN Web beta.  Your issue seems to be related to printing from a Kindle.  Evernote hasn't detailed printing from a mobile device because it's not necessarily intended to be possible.  Most mobile devices don't have a printer integration at all.  I print notes by having the Evernote client installed on the desktop which is connected to my printer.  I print from a desktop.  If you have to print from a mobile I'd say your suggested process is as good a workaround as any.  If you can find an alternative that works better please post it here.  I know I'd be interested...

So, when will the Beta version be useable - yet again stumped with trying to print - eventually worked out Firefox doesn't work the same as Chrome & in fact it's impossible to print from - had to reload Chrome, just to print!

At last given up with Beta & gone back to the previous version - not pretty, but at least it works.

Really not happy with the aparent stagnentation of this previously very useful tool, especially as I pay for Premium.

Two years later and this web version is still in beta. TWO YEARS!!

LOL, I agree completely. As I could see this with a free service, I feel sorry for those of you who paid for the service and are treated this way.

I have moved to Google Drive completely and do not use Evernote any more. At least there I can print my notes.

Its now 2018 and it's been nearly 4 years since this was broken and you guys still haven't fixed this? And no explanation to defend the awful idea and no good instructions to get around it. You still have to use the browser menu, which is most often turned off for anyone trying to be productive, OR you have to instinctively know to right-click on one of the correct magic pixels, also knowing from memory that there is more than one 'location' for right clicking that yields different results. Really terrible decision to ignore people who still need to print.

This is not a UI designed by a company with a focus on UX.

FYI - The new web version does not allow for printing. Using the Browser print function, Ctrl-P, right-click print etc will simply try to print the whole page as opposed to the actual note itself. I reverted to the old version instead.