(Archived) Product suggestion: Evernote tags - option to display nested view on 'add tag'

Tomass

I thought of this whilst using Evernote on Windows but I'd also use on my android and imagine others would like it on other devices

I organise my tags and nest them to help me work my way through them and I've just started using tags instead of notebooks as I find it more flexible.

I would like to see the ability to view my tags in their nested/organised format when 'adding a tag' and seeing all tags. The list is too long and I can be hard to manage with no visual cues. Having the option to view it the way I have it organised on the LHS menu would be great.

Thanks

• Level 5*

There aren't any 'best' ways to organise tags - one or another client will always be a problem because the space available to deal with tags changes drastically.  On a desktop with a LH menu they're easy.  On a smartphone with a sub-4" screen they're not.  It may help if you build in the "nesting" element - in many clients typing 'bus-' forinstance gives me a list of all my business tags. 'Twe-' covers tweets,  etc...

There aren't any 'best' ways to organise tags - one or another client will always be a problem because the space available to deal with tags changes drastically.  On a desktop with a LH menu they're easy.  On a smartphone with a sub-4" screen they're not.  It may help if you build in the "nesting" element - in many clients typing 'bus-' forinstance gives me a list of all my business tags. 'Twe-' covers tweets,  etc...

thanks for the reply

I was specifically talking about the 'add tag' section (Ctrl+Alt+T) - the nests I've created on the LHS menu don't appear there. It's like I've done all the work to organise them but then can't take advantage of that organisation.

Some people may not like it so I suggest having the option as a tab on the top for those who like them to appear nested as they've organised on LHS or not for those who don't want that.

Apologies if I didn't make it clear enough.

Best.

Archived