• Announcements

• gbarry

Reach out to Evernote support on Twitter @EvernoteHelps   09/20/2016

We've been leveling up our support across all channels. If you're active on Twitter, try your hand with our @evernotehelps feed. It's helmed by a crack team out of Austin, TX who are here to answer your questions. They're generally active from 7am-4pm CST.  https://twitter.com/evernotehelps  
gawnfishin

ios how to annotate a pdf with penultimate

34 posts in this topic

Using an iPad 3, how can I open a pdf sent as an email attachment in penultimate to annotate.  I can get it to Evernote but  not penultimate.

You can screenshot it and use it as a paper, but it's not great because penultimate fades the original. This is a sorely missing feature.

You can convert the pdf file into a jpg file and then insert each of the pages into penultimate. Try pdf2jpg.net.

Hi,

I'm using Evernote since I bought my iPad. I tested Penultimate but I'm using Goodnotes because I need to take notes on pdf files.

I want to quit using Goodnotes and get back to Penultimate since I want to have my handwritten notes synced to Evernote.

Can you please develop this feature??????

Thanks

1 person likes this

Another testimonial to this subject.

This is one of the major features that is missing in Penultimate.

I want to be able to open PDFs from anywhere in iOS straight into Penultimate, and then sketch anything in it. I would use this to annotate and to sign documents. Note: I am very much in favor of integration, vs. multiple applications for different purposes. I will not bother using Evernote for storing, SketchIT to annotate and penultimate for handwriting. Penultimate + Evernote already has the most advanced set of features, I would love to see the missing features added to them only.

This function as well as the paper rotation (see thread on this topic) and a zoom window (or any smart solution improving the zoom mode) would make Penultimate THE best nite taking app. And would kill any doubt about switching to competing applications.

Thanks to the EN team for the good work.

1 person likes this

You can't do it in Penultimate because they sell it as a feature in the Evernote Premium version of Skitch.

The pricing is one thing. I may consider paying a fee for quality products.

The distribution of features across separate apps vs. the integration of all features in one same app is a different matter. If find it too cumbersome to switch from app to app.

same here. It would be great to annotate pdfs in penultimate or skitch by hand, I don't care which program, but it would of added value.

Philipp

Add me to the list of people requesting this.  I take notes on my ipad with a stylus, and on paper, often on the same topic.  In the past I have scanned my paper notes and inserted them into the ipad notebook (using Notability).  That way I have a consolidated set of notes on a topic in whatever form they were originally created. I appears that Penultimate lets you export pdfs, but not import them.  This is the principal reason I am still using Notability and not Penultimate.

Ill join this club - I'm using a kludge of noteshelf to annotate and sign things then export to evernote. But amending this annotated version and vice versa is very kludgy.

Absolutely essential feature - completely agreed.

Evernote/Penultimate devs : can we please have a way to annotate PPT and PDFs in Penultimate?

Essential feature for me too. I try to annotate pdf with the evernote "a" button on the top of my iPad and the experience is no where near penultimate. It is unusable. I am premium by the way as i value evernote as a great tool, but would like to see that feature added.

Still not possible - annotate in Evernote is not a valid option, I want to use handwritten ink in Penultimate.

Please, implement this finally - all other note taking apps already have the feature.

Thank you.

I just deleted it because without annotate pdf.

+1 to this discussion. I need the pdf annotation in penultimate for my studies, when i have to practice writing something. and doing it in Evernote doesn't feel the same. Please add this feature. 

Thank you. 

Agree.  This is the most frustrating thing about Evernote.  I want to use my apple pencil to write on top of a PDF, but I don't want to sit down and take a photo of every page and paste it into penultimate.  If they don't get a drawing over pdf feature soon, I may dump them and find something better. 

Please add annotate PDF support or purchase the Goodnotes App and dump penultimate, its really lacking and Evernote deserves better.

+100 for this feature - would be an absolute killer. Have a 9.7" ipad pro with pencil and look into ways of making it my travel companion rather than carrying a laptop around with me, and data isolated in app silos is the biggest challenge here - evernote has a great potential to pool and sync all relevant data, and penultimate is my favourite note taking app already.

Why hasn't this feature been implemented yet? Why can I not use my Apple pencil to annotate onto PDF's in penultimate!!! 

2 people like this