(Archived) EN for Searchable PDF Document Archive

Hi,

I've been using EN for since 2010 but from a work point of view I am wondering if it could help solve a problem.

We receive about 40,000 PDF invoices each year from our suppliers by email and these are currently stored in Public Folders on our Exchange Server but we now want to make these searchable (i.e. data inside). We've tried SharePoint Foundation 2010 but we just can't get it to index PDF's.

Would moving these to EN be feasible idea ? As I just love the way EN search works, we would be able to find information inside these invoices so easily and we could make some good work-flows based on incoming email to EN with tags etc..

Most of our suppliers email batches of invoices in one email so we wouldn't end up with 40,000 notes per year, probably around 10,000 notes per year with most containing multiple PDF's.

I am not sure this is what EN is designed for and maybe I should continue my quest and have a look at Google Drive.

Thanks

BigJoe

Hi BigJoe.

Evernote would handle your situation nicely. With Evernote's PDF and document search, you'll find notes based upon any typed, printed, or handwritten text inside files or images in your notes. Document Search is a Business/Premium feature. Your PDF invoices could live right alongside any other attached photos or documentation.

Forward emails and attachments right into Evernote one at a time or even set up an email filter (in your mail client):

http://evernote.com/contact/support/kb/#/article/23480523

Limits for an Evernote account:

http://evernote.com/contact/support/kb/#/article/24371482

I'd strongly suggest trying out Evernote Business in your case, since you'll probably want the extra note capacity and notebook/user administration.

Also- with Evernote Business you'll get the highest level of support and they can help you figure out how to improve your workflows. 

Good luck!

-Brian

Evernote

• Level 5*

Hi,

I've been using EN for since 2010 but from a work point of view I am wondering if it could help solve a problem.

We receive about 40,000 PDF invoices each year from our suppliers by email and these are currently stored in Public Folders on our Exchange Server but we now want to make these searchable (i.e. data inside). We've tried SharePoint Foundation 2010 but we just can't get it to index PDF's.

Would moving these to EN be feasible idea ? As I just love the way EN search works, we would be able to find information inside these invoices so easily and we could make some good work-flows based on incoming email to EN with tags etc..

Most of our suppliers email batches of invoices in one email so we wouldn't end up with 40,000 notes per year, probably around 10,000 notes per year with most containing multiple PDF's.

I am not sure this is what EN is designed for and maybe I should continue my quest and have a look at Google Drive.

Thanks

BigJoe

I agree with Brian that Business would be the best solution for you. However, you should definitely be aware of the limits. I have a more complete list here.

http://www.christopher-mayo.com/?p=169

The limit that would be of particular concern is the one for maximum number of notes in an account (500,000 for Business users). 

Archived