(Archived) Evernote work on iPad but cannot start on iPod Touch

skyhawk5657

i've been using evernote for quite some time. but just recently (several days so far) i found that when i tap on evernote icon to launch it on ipod touch, it would show up on screen for a long time (longer than 20 sec or so), then it just disappear and screen goes back to original ipod touch home page. just like nothing ever happened.

i tried to shut the ipod touch off and restart, does not help.

i deleted it completely from ipod and re-installed it, it worked for the very first time, then it happened again - show up the very first screen (you would think it's  loading behind the scene), but then disappear every time.

however it works just fine on ipad.

any idea? help?

OS and app are all most recent.

• 4 months later...

I am having a similar problem with my iPod touch 2G. 

I've recently loaded iOS 3.1.3 (from whited00r 6) and installed EN 3.3.8 from the Time Machine app store.

I notice that EN works fine when I'm connected to the internet via wifi.  But when I'm offline, EN will start, run for a few seconds, and then disappear without warning like it was never there at all. 

I tried deleting and re-installing but the problem remains.

I've reviewed all the previous posts from 2010 and 2011, and they don't solve my problem.  I suppose most people have moved on from their old iPods, but I'd still think there is usefulness in them.

any suggestions?

I am having a similar problem with my iPod touch 2G. 

I've recently loaded iOS 3.1.3 (from whited00r 6) and installed EN 3.3.8 from the Time Machine app store.

I notice that EN works fine when I'm connected to the internet via wifi.  But when I'm offline, EN will start, run for a few seconds, and then disappear without warning like it was never there at all. 

I tried deleting and re-installing but the problem remains.

I've reviewed all the previous posts from 2010 and 2011, and they don't solve my problem.  I suppose most people have moved on from their old iPods, but I'd still think there is usefulness in them.

any suggestions?

As you know, you're using a very old version that is no longer supported.  Having said that, I would suggest you uninstall, reboot & then install.  It's amazing what a reboot can do.  If that doesn't fix the problem, I don't have any other ideas other than...  You do need to have an internet connection if you want to view or modify existing notes, unless you have a premium account & have specified some/all notebooks as available offline & sync'd them down.  With both a free & premium account, you should be able to get into the app & create a note (I think...not sure since that's a really old version) and upload it when you are connected to the internet.  But I'd say that's a very unreliable way to take a note that is worth taking.

If you want more info on offline notebooks, please use the search function.

Admittedly, "old" devices may still have some usefulness.  But that doesn't mean they will always be supported & able to function with certain apps, especially several years later.  IE, I'm sure the iPod is still great at being an MP3 player.  ;-) 

Archived