How can I create multiple notes simultaneously?

I have been an intensive premium user of EN for years now ... but I don't know how to create multiple notes simultaneously...

Let me explain : say I have 10 pdf documents on my desktop ... if I drag them all into an Evernote note I just created, these 10 documents will be part of only one note.   What if I want each pdf document to be a separate note?   Do I have to drag them one by one into as many newly created notes or is there a more efficient way? 

Thanks in advance

• Level 5*

I have been an intensive premium user of EN for years now ... but I don't know how to create multiple notes simultaneously...

Let me explain : say I have 10 pdf documents on my desktop ... if I drag them all into an Evernote note I just created, these 10 documents will be part of only one note.   What if I want each pdf document to be a separate note?   Do I have to drag them one by one into as many newly created notes or is there a more efficient way? 

Thanks in advance

If you are on Mac, just drag the files into a notebook. Earlier this week I created about 6,000 notes this way. The processing takes a while, so you might want to wait until you go to bed to get it going! However, it is a pretty simple process.

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...

I am new to Evernote and want to move all my PDFs from iBooks as it no longer plays nicely VBG

How do I drag them into a notebook.  I made one and named it iBooks PDFs but I don't know how/where to drag them to get them into the notebook.

Also, another reply said to put them into an import folder.  Where do I find or create an import folder?

Thanks for your help!

Michelle

I am new to Evernote and want to move all my PDFs from iBooks as it no longer plays nicely VBG

How do I drag them into a notebook.  I made one and named it iBooks PDFs but I don't know how/where to drag them to get them into the notebook.

You drag the files from whatever folder the are in on your computer to Evernote. This is the file they are in by default if you're running Mavericks:

~/Library/Containers/com.apple.BKAgentService/Data/Documents/iBooks/Books

You may need to make your Library folder visible by going to View>Show View Options>Show Library Folder. 

• 1 year later...
  • Level 5*

>>Journal. Is there a way I can create multiple notes for one month each with a diffrent date at one time?

Not sure how to do it at one time, but you can use the IFTTT service to create a note each morning. It can also insert information like weather.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...