Where to compare Evernote Basic with Evernote Premium?

Where is the best link (website) where I can compare the benefits of Evernote Premium over Evernote Basic?  I thought there would be a simple link on your homepage, but I can't find it.

Thanks.

Did you click "go premium" at top right?

Yes, I saw that site.  I guess I was looking for a side-by-side comparison of Basic to Premium (in a table format).  But I guess that doesn't exist?

Your links show me just five advantages to Premium:

1. Offline notebooks for mobile devices

2. You can let your friends edit your notes

3. Added layer of security on mobile devices

4. 1GB upload capacity per month, 100MB max note size.

5. Search inside PDFs and attachments, and try out the new "Related Notes" link/feature.

I'm not a mobile user at this time, so my advantages of going Premium are limited to #2, #4, and #5.

I'm curious if this list is all-inclusive, or are there other advantages to Premium?

Thanks again.

• Level 5*

Yes, I saw that site.  I guess I was looking for a side-by-side comparison of Basic to Premium (in a table format).  But I guess that doesn't exist?

5. Search inside PDFs and attachments, and try out the new "Related Notes" link/feature.

I'm not a mobile user at this time, so my advantages of going Premium are limited to #2, #4, and #5.

I'm curious if this list is all-inclusive, or are there other advantages to Premium?

Thanks again.

Hi. I think this page is the most comprehensive comparison of overall features, payment tiers, and devices. It is a work in progress, but I think this will give you a good sense of what you can do with the service.

http://www.christopher-mayo.com/?p=169

• 10 months later...
  • Level 5*

That page is very old and the information it contains is out of date.

Yep. I'll plug my page again here. I think it is the most comprehensive one out there, though I really ought to sit down, put it in tabular form, and add some minor things here and there. The service keeps improving so quickly!

• 2 months later...

Where is the best link (website) where I can compare the benefits of Evernote Premium over Evernote Basic?  I thought there would be a simple link on your homepage, but I can't find it.

Thanks.

Did you click "go premium" at top right?

The features listed on the "go premium" link are very vague. The entire website advertises features like Post-it Camera without clearly saying whether or not they're premium features. Further you can't submit a ticket without being a premium user. I'm not sure why the site seems to be so purposefully vague and or misleading.

• Level 5*

Additionally, this is misleading:

Presentation Mode

Efficient, Innovative Meetings

Turn notes into beautiful, full-screen presentations. For efficient collaboration, edit content in real-time with your team. Presentations feature a useful laser pointer to highlight important points while presenting.

Available on Mac, Windows, iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch

Editing content in real-time is not available in Windows

• Level 5*

For those of you (like me), who didn't notice the changes, here are some things for longtime users to note from the link charboyd posted.

https://evernote.com/intl/jp/contact/support/kb/#!/article/23258452

(1) The notebook limit was raised (a long requested feature). Premium notebooks = 750.

(2) Premium uploads are still only 1GB, not 4GB (as appears to exist somewhere in Europe).

(3) Free users no longer appear to have access to shared notebooks with modification privileges.

For other limits that may or may not be accurate (no longer updated), see my page.

For those of you (like me), who didn't notice the changes, here are some things for longtime users to note from the link charboyd posted.

https://evernote.com/intl/jp/contact/support/kb/#!/article/23258452

(1) The notebook limit was raised (a long requested feature). Premium notebooks = 750.

(2) Premium uploads are still only 1GB, not 4GB (as appears to exist somewhere in Europe).

(3) Free users no longer appear to have access to shared notebooks with modification privileges.

For other limits that may or may not be accurate (no longer updated), see my page.

Char's link shows 4 gigs for premium & 250 notebooks.

• Level 5*

Hmmm.... I'm on the Japan site. Interesting. It seems pretty clear here that the "the maximum number of notebooks" for premium users (the second number) is 750.

ノートブックの最大数

750/ユーザ

Perhaps this is something coming someday to the US? So, Japan gets more notebooks, but less GB? Confusing... How does Evernote know where I am -- if I fly to the US tomorrow do I lose 500 notebooks?

Charboyd, to be fair, don't you think EN should update thar article or add an adendum stating the price difference for countries (like mine, Canada) that are now being charged *more* than $5.00 USD for Premium and $10.00 USD for business?

Which reminds me, when I brought up the increased price in the thread I started the other day, Scott Lougheed made some good points, but here's a counterpoint. Anyone outside the US the has a weaker dollar than the US - so pretty much whe rest of the planet - already does pay more for anything sold in the US, because everything is priced USD. So we non-Americans are already paying more for anything we buy from a US company. i.e.

The last time I was all set to upgrade in late spring, before being thwarted by some enormous veterinary bills, my cost at that time would have totaled $59.00 CAD (Canadian).

• Level 5*

Hmmm.... I'm on the Japan site. Interesting. It seems pretty clear here that the "the maximum number of notebooks" for premium users (the second number) is 750.

ノートブックの最大数

750/ユーザ

Perhaps this is something coming someday to the US? So, Japan gets more notebooks, but less GB? Confusing... How does Evernote know where I am -- if I fly to the US tomorrow do I lose 500 notebooks?

As usual, Evernote communications are clear, timely, accurate -- NOT!   :angry:

With major changes in features and/or limits, one would think (expect) Evernote to send out a broadcast email, and well as update their Home page to highlight the changes (or a link to the changes). 

You can find a comparison of all the Evernote subscription options at https://evernote.com/contact/support/kb/#!/article/23258452

The article breaks down account limitations, features, pricing, etc. making it easier for you to find which product is right for you :)

When I went looking for a chart like this I couldn't find it. I've taken a moment to go back to Evernote's home page and see if a new person could find it. The answer is a resounding NO. This needs to be one click from the home page. It is one of the first things most new users with even a tiny bit of savvy will look for. It sHould not be buried in the knowledge base. 

You can find a comparison of all the Evernote subscription options at https://evernote.com/contact/support/kb/#!/article/23258452

The article breaks down account limitations, features, pricing, etc. making it easier for you to find which product is right for you :)

When I went looking for a chart like this I couldn't find it. I've taken a moment to go back to Evernote's home page and see if a new person could find it. The answer is a resounding NO. This needs to be one click from the home page. It is one of the first things most new users with even a tiny bit of savvy will look for. It sHould not be buried in the knowledge base. 

Full agree. This is pre-sales marketing material, not post-sales support material. Clear articulation of the features in each service level needs to be crammed into potential subscribers' faces. 

Code42 (the homepage design of which Evernote seems to be taking a great many cues, definitely not a bad thing!) does a great job of this with their CrashPlan subscriptions:

https://www.code42.com/crashplan/features/compare/

It is one click from the homepage to get to a point-by-point breakdown of the subscription. 

• Ex Employees

Sorry for posting and running...

You should see these updated in your account along with your monthly upload allowance renewal. This is probably why some people are seeing the changes to their accounts before other users. If you are not seeing any updates after your month renewal, please contact the Evernote support team

• Level 5*

Sorry for posting and running...

You should see these updated in your account along with your monthly upload allowance renewal. This is probably why some people are seeing the changes to their accounts before other users. If you are not seeing any updates after your month renewal, please contact the Evernote support team

@charboyd:  GM reported seeing a new limit of 750 Notebooks on the Japanese site.  Do you expect the US limits (for Premium Accts) for Notebooks and Note size to go up in accordance to the upload limit of 4GB?

The 4GB limit doesn't do you much good with only 100MB per Note limit.  That would take about 40 Notes @ 100 MB each.

I think the problem for a number of users is that they have PDF attachments > 100 MB.

• Level 5*

@charboyd:  This KB article is inconsistent with the info provided on the Evernote Signup Page:

EN-Premium-Acct-Signup-Limits.gif

• Ex Employees
We are moving towards higher limits for both monthly uploads and notebook counts, but deployment across all accounts and platforms is still underway. The knowledge base was updated prematurely and I apologize for the confusion that's caused here. You can expect to see an announcement of these updates when the deployment is complete.

We’re updating our Knowledge Base on both the English and Japanese language sites for now to show the lower notebook limits and upload allowances until we're ready to announce they're both widely available.
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks.

Thanks again.

I think this is what you are after. This is pretty comprehensive when it comes to Evernote Basic Vs Premium and Business

• 2 months later...

Why are there different prices for Evernote premium.

I noticed that there was an offer for £35 per year.. but cannot seem to find it. .. or is this a figment of my imagination)

VAT considerations as per each country...

If you can find special deals or offers through third party sources...

You can often circumvent the VAT with  promotion codes.

There is a great deal running at the momenent where you get Evernote, Wunderlist, LastPass, Pocket for $59 flat (No extra fluctuation in VAT specific to country) (For 1 year)

You save about $125 cumulatively

https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/80256-evernote-lastpass-wunderlist-and-pocket-productivity-bundle-for-limited-time/

In your case... Evernote price specific to your country may be almost identical to the US price for all 4 Premium products..

Archived