(Archived) How to view multiple photos in right window vs. (1) large photo?

ab1kenobee

Hello Members:

WINDOWS:  How to enable a multiple photo view vs. (1) large photo in right window?

I did search the forum and KB, but no honey.  :)

Thanks much in advance for a detailed response!

Alan

• Level 5*

Hi - you don't make it easy to answer your question in any detail with so little background.  Your search should have told you that Evernote doesn't display pictures very well - it's not a graphic design or a web design option at the best of times.  The only way to show a number of smaller pictures is to save (much) smaller images and use tables to  lay them out.  Or stick the pictures together as a group and save one composite image.  Or use different software...

Hello gazumped:

What a depressing answer!!!  (LOL!!!)

There are so many Windows applications that handily offer multiple view options.

I sure wasn't anticipating a "no can do" response.

Thanks much for getting back to me.

Alan

Hello Members:

WINDOWS:  How to enable a multiple photo view vs. (1) large photo in right window?

I did search the forum and KB, but no honey.  :)

Thanks much in advance for a detailed response!

Alan

Have you tried the snippet or thumbnail view? 

Hello BurgersNFries and gazumped:

Let me attempt to be more articulate.  ;

In the content window (right column), photos are vertically stacked below each other. Only (1) photo can be viewed at a time as fit to window.

My hope was that EN offers multiple options that resizes the photos in 4-panes, 6-panes, etc.

SEE:  multiple photo screen example | http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/9175/Multi-Image-Viewer |

Yes, I have tried thumbnail view... but prefer the snippit view.

I am noticing that the formatting capabilities of EN are still in the early (primitive) stage.

Sure do appreciate your effort to be of help!

Alan

• Level 5

Due to the issues you mentioned, plus many other reasons, I do not store my photos in Evernote.

I use services that are designed for photos - primarily Flicker and Picasa.

And I use dedicated photo software to do the photo editing and resizing.

Hello jbenson2:

Thank you for taking a wack at it.  ;)

I completely understand you're take on it.

I am finding EN extremely useful in regards to taking notes on commercial properties with photos of damaged roof systems integrated with the notes.

For viewing purposes however, I would recommend to EverNote that they program in multiple view options to further accommodate business utilization of EN.

Thanks much!

Alan

• 4 weeks later...

Hi ab1kenobee,

I'm not sure if this suffices for you, but I too have been wanting an easier way to view multiple and/or large images more easily in Evernote.

A partial solution for me was the discovery of the "Slideshow" feature on Evernote's mobile site. It allows you to view a single Note's images in a slideshow. 

More info here:

http://blog.evernote.com/blog/2012/08/02/evernote-web-gets-image-slideshows-and-linkedin-sharing/

I wish this Slideshow would be available on the Mac version (and Windows, for your benefit) and iPhone! I'm trying to use Evernote INSTEAD of multiple applications. The idea of viewing my Evernote images outside of Evernote seems like a step backwards.

My additional suggestion to Evernote would be the ability to see ALL image attachments within multiple, selected Notes or Notebook Stacks. Or "just" offer an image library that allowed you to view all images that exist in Evernote in a browser, without all of the text from the Notes.

Any software developers out there? This seems like a good add-on that you could find in The Trunk. Call it "Evernote Photo Viewer", and make it work on the Mac, for iOs, and the website.

Hope the Slideshow view at least gives you a little more flexibility!

I'm starting to rely heavily on Evernote, and I think it's important to encourage them to advance useful features like this! My concern is borne out of affection for an otherwise dynamic and useful piece of software.

Hi ab1kenobee,

I'm not sure if this suffices for you, but I too have been wanting an easier way to view multiple and/or large images more easily in Evernote.

A partial solution for me was the discovery of the "Slideshow" feature on Evernote's mobile site. It allows you to view a single Note's images in a slideshow. 

More info here:

http://blog.evernote.com/blog/2012/08/02/evernote-web-gets-image-slideshows-and-linkedin-sharing/

I wish this Slideshow would be available on the Mac version (and Windows, for your benefit) and iPhone! I'm trying to use Evernote INSTEAD of multiple applications. The idea of viewing my Evernote images outside of Evernote seems like a step backwards.

My additional suggestion to Evernote would be the ability to see ALL image attachments within multiple, selected Notes or Notebook Stacks. Or "just" offer an image library that allowed you to view all images that exist in Evernote in a browser, without all of the text from the Notes.

Any software developers out there? This seems like a good add-on that you could find in The Trunk. Call it "Evernote Photo Viewer", and make it work on the Mac, for iOs, and the website.

The problem with Evernote is developers can't plug in to the clients - they can only make applications that interact with your notes.

So a standalone viewer is possible, but of course that means yet another application.

Originally I had all my photos in Evernote - even made a custom importer that processed directories of photos, also extracting some of the photo's EXIF data into the note (made the creation date of the note match the time the photo was taken for example).

I loved that I no longer relied on Picasa, but just found it too awkward to view (regardless of whether I had one image per note or multiple images so went back to Picasa.

Archived