Need help for rentals in non-MLS environment

My husband has started a real estate firm in the UAE and we are experimenting with the free version of Evernote to see  if it will work for his business.  Here, there is no MLS and I basically pound the street, going from building to building to find apartments/houses for rent that meet our clients' needs. I used one notebook and created a new note for each building. I took photos of the apartment directly into the note.  My husband viewed the shared notebook, called the client and described the flats to her.  The idea is to build a catalog of buildings, so we can refer to them later with other clients.

It worked well except for one LARGE glitch. The photos are HUGE, making them too cumbersome to flip through even on the PC version.  I tried marking them up later with Skitch, but it was such a tedious process (open with Skitch, exit, scroll back from the top to the next photo, open with Skitch, exit, scroll back from the top) that a gave up.  I take about 30 photos per apartment, keep in mind!

Does anyone have any tips for using Evernote better in our situation?  I've already maxed out my monthly free allowance because I could not resize the photos within Evernote, and I don't want to switch to Premium until I know this will definitely be the right product for us.  Someone suggested using the Food app.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

My husband has started a real estate firm in the UAE and we are experimenting with the free version of Evernote to see  if it will work for his business.  Here, there is no MLS and I basically pound the street, going from building to building to find apartments/houses for rent that meet our clients' needs. I used one notebook and created a new note for each building. I took photos of the apartment directly into the note.  My husband viewed the shared notebook, called the client and described the flats to her.  The idea is to build a catalog of buildings, so we can refer to them later with other clients.

It worked well except for one LARGE glitch. The photos are HUGE, making them too cumbersome to flip through even on the PC version.  I tried marking them up later with Skitch, but it was such a tedious process (open with Skitch, exit, scroll back from the top to the next photo, open with Skitch, exit, scroll back from the top) that a gave up.  I take about 30 photos per apartment, keep in mind!

Does anyone have any tips for using Evernote better in our situation?  I've already maxed out my monthly free allowance because I could not resize the photos within Evernote, and I don't want to switch to Premium until I know this will definitely be the right product for us.  Someone suggested using the Food app.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

I think you'd be better served to use an app designed for images.  IE, ACDSee Photo Manager.  It also facilitates uploading a group of images to such online services as Flickr or I think even to your own web page.  You could then use Evernote to keep a database of the details such as date property was checked out, school system, current rent/asking price, amenities, etc.

Depending on the device you are using to take the pictures, you may have the option to save smaller images. In Evernote for iPhone/iPad for instance, this setting is available when you tap on your user name > "Note Editor" > "Image Size" (my translations to English).

You can also buy premium for just 1 month to try it out. You need not subscribe for a whole year.

• 2 years later...

Archived