(Archived) Evernote will not update

Leavnum

For the past six months I have tried to update to the newer version (4.6.7) on my laptop but each time it gives me an error saying there is something wrong with the package. I was unable to receive the update before as well. This time I tried to uninstall EN. And then go to the website and start new. It would not uninstall, it gave me the same error msg. So I went in and deleted it in the program files (x86) came back here to the web and went to install the latest version and I STILL get the same error. Only this time because I deleted the older version I have nothing!!!

Could someone please advise on how I can get Evernote back on my laptop I use it everyday for home and work and this is NOT a good situation. Thanks

For the past six months I have tried to update to the newer version (4.6.7) on my laptop but each time it gives me an error saying there is something wrong with the package. I was unable to receive the update before as well. This time I tried to uninstall EN. And then go to the website and start new. It would not uninstall, it gave me the same error msg. So I went in and deleted it in the program files (x86) came back here to the web and went to install the latest version and I STILL get the same error. Only this time because I deleted the older version I have nothing!!!

Could someone please advise on how I can get Evernote back on my laptop I use it everyday for home and work and this is NOT a good situation. Thanks

http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/36401-windows-error-code-2732-workarounds/

The .msi apparently fixes it.

But this is such a major disaster for the Evernote company. I mean the bug, sure, but 24 hours later and they can't push a fixed executable -- or the .msi -- to evernote.com? How much time must I spend browsing the forums to get my life back?

But this is such a major disaster for the Evernote company. I mean the bug, sure, but 24 hours later and they can't push a fixed executable -- or the .msi -- to evernote.com? How much time must I spend browsing the forums to get my life back?

Well, if you'd submitted a support ticket six months ago...

• 1 month later...

Well, if you'd submitted a support ticket six months ago...

In two different threads, this one and another, I've seen you give a snarky reply to Syntaxfree, when you were referencing the OP, in this case Leavnum. LEAVNUM is the person who waited 6 months before saying anything, NOT Syntaxfree.

Try reading and/or paying attention to who is saying what.

In two different threads, this one and another, I've seen you give a snarky reply to Syntaxfree, when you were referencing the OP, in this case Leavnum. LEAVNUM is the person who waited 6 months before saying anything, NOT Syntaxfree.

Try reading and/or paying attention to who is saying what.

I know exactly who I'm addressing.  From his post back in August...a good five months after fixes were posted:

http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/22282-%E2%9C%94-latest-evernote-cant-be-installed-after-old-version-not-uninstalled-properly/page-15

And he still hasn't fixed it & is back again asking the same questions about how to upgrade. 

I haven`'t been able to use Evernote on Windows (i.e. at work) for a while, since the well-known botched update that send the installer looking for Evernote.msi in some random directory. Since most of my EN use is on the Mac (at home), I have been delaying trying to fix this, hoping that a few versions down the road there would be a fixed installer already.

Now, before installing 5.0.2, which I just downloaded, I tried to remove two versions which were already on the Add/remove programs panel of Windows 7, 4.6.something and 4.5.7. The former went away, but the latter refused to. An the installer for 5.0.2, first tries to remove 4.5.7.

This is very annoying. I expect to be yapping away on forums for some innovative open source plaything, but I also expect some things to work transparently. I've already stopped recommending Evernote because of the shoddiness of its Windows client (despite its wonderful Mac client...) -- is there something simple that can be done to get 4.5.7 out of this system and 5.0.2 working?

Archived