rejvan

firefox Clipping from HTML Pages In The Hard Disk

When I try to clip from a html page in my hard disk (not from the www) by Evernote Firefox clipper, it does not clip the article - it only asks to clip URL. Is this a bug - or is there any specific reason for this?

• Like 2

I'm afraid clipping local pages is not supported at this point. I'm curious to understand a bit more on the use case you have for this as we've seen a few requests for it.  

Current reason I will use it now is that I will migrate all the pages saved in Firefox "Scrapbook" addon to Evernote. And there would be other needs to do so - its all up to imagination. I am using the desktop software - not the web interface.

• Like 1

Yes, please implement this! Why can I clip from all over the internet, but my own html document is tough to get into my Notebook?

• Like 2

I am also interested in this feature. I use a software package that provides an html-based User Manual, which you view in your favorite web browser. If I could use clip pages and add my own notes in Evernote, that would be quite useful.

yes please implement. couple of handwriting note taking apps (like Nebo)  that display results in a local html file. Want to include them in my evernote. 

or just provide Nebo like funtionality in Evernote.. that would be best... but... not seeing anything close from Evernote

On the Windows client, at least, you should be able to drag an HTML file into Evernote and have it be saved as a note. I haven't tested this thoroughly for gotchas, though.