(Archived) Restore EN local database?

markg2

Certain notebooks were 'lost' (missing and not in trash) after several drag and drops.

If I mount a disk image from several days ago I could overwrite the current EN database with an older, corrected version.

1. What is the filename and the usual location of the database?

2. Do I first open EN, take it offline and then close it so when I reopen EN after overwriting the database EN will not automatically sync?

Mark

• Level 5*

Certain notebooks were 'lost' (missing and not in trash) after several drag and drops.

If I mount a disk image from several days ago I could overwrite the current EN database with an older, corrected version.

1. What is the filename and the usual location of the database?

2. Do I first open EN, take it offline and then close it so when I reopen EN after overwriting the database EN will not automatically sync?

Mark

What's your OS? I assume Mac, because you used the word "mount." Here is where the data is:

http://www.christopher-mayo.com/?p=135

If it were me, I would uninstall everything related to Evernote, download the app, install, sign in, turn off syncing, shut down the app (don't forget the elephant in the top menu), copy/paste your correct file into your directory, start up the app, and see what happens. If all goes well, it will process and work fine. Then, I'd turn on the Internet. Again, if all goes well, it will sync and you'll be done.

Have I done this myself? No. This is just what I would try :)

Sorry--the OS is Win7. I would mount a virtual image from a day or two previous to the EN problem.If you give me the Windows' file extension of the database I can find it and will then follow your instructions.

Mark

• Level 5*

Sorry--the OS is Win7. I would mount a virtual image from a day or two previous to the EN problem.If you give me the Windows' file extension of the database I can find it and will then follow your instructions.

Mark

Hi. You can find your database by looking for the username.exb file at Tools > Options > General. Here are instructions on restoring your database.

http://evernote.com/contact/support/kb/#/article/23186097

Archived