Still no "copy/paste and match style"

Roman Sharf

Idea

15 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Evernote don't publish their intentions,  so your guess is as good as any..  as a matter of interest,  what are you trying to copy the style of?  My workaround in recalcitrant apps is to copy and paste the words that have the style I need,  then delete and replace them...

Hi Gazumped. For example, for clarity I like to style titles in my notes. I like to color them and bold them. Unless I don't understand you correctly, your workaround sounds a bit laborious. I would like a simple "copy/paste style" solution, which the mac has for textedit and other core mac apps. Basically, you copy (CMD + ALT + C) a style of a word and then paste it on to another word (CMD + ALT + V)

• Level 5*

Hi Roman.  I think you got the picture - my workaround is not exactly a quick option.  There's a 'paste style' option in lots of software - it would be nice to have it in Evernote someday...

Squeaky wheel -- posting again.

For those of us who like to format text and layout for clarity, the lack of this feature is truly puzzling. Any serious text processing app has this functionality...

Including this forum! (This text cut and pasted from Evernote picks up the style)

C'mon Evernote...make this happen. It's ridiculous that it isn't a feature. 

This has been bothering me since the 5.5.1 update. Really slows down working. How can you consider yourself to be efficient if you have to copy paste stuff each time into a text editor and then paste it into Evernote? Sorry folks, it's 2014.

Luckily enough it apparently never disappeared. Just bumped into this thread: https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/55736-has-paste-and-match-style-keystroke-gone-wrong-again/

Some of you might have figured it out in the mean time, but for those who got trafficked here organically via search: it will probably save you the grief. The new (read: old) 'paste and match style' command line is: Shift + CMD + V

Still nothing... we are in 2016 and the lack of this feature is truly puzzling. Wasting my time writing in "notes" to "paste" in Evernote !!!!! Any serious text processing app has this functionality... Thanx EverCoders thinking of this (and know you love formatting things so...).

Cheers

• Level 5*
18 minutes ago, Santanu said:

While copying and pasting text style is still not available, copying and matching style is available.

"Paste and Match style" seems to be the opposite of this request.  The style being copied would be lost

Archived