(Archived) Purchase Fujitsu ScanSnap ix500 for Evernote Premium subscription promotion

Hi all,

I've been reading various threads on the scanners people recommend with Evernote and drawn towards the Fujitsu ix500 for my needs particularly with the promotion it offers as it negates the premium of going with a cheaper scanner.

On the Fujistu website there's a promotion offering a year's subscription to Evernote Premium with purchase of the above model which was also posted on their ScanSnap Facebook page which takes you to this post.

The thing is, it's not mentioned on the UK site nor does the post mention it's limited to the US (which would be a bit silly) so can I purchase this scanner and get a year's subscription to Evernote Premium or not?

Cheers. 

• Level 5*

Hi all,

I've been reading various threads on the scanners people recommend with Evernote and drawn towards the Fujitsu ix500 for my needs particularly with the promotion it offers as it negates the premium of going with a cheaper scanner.

On the Fujistu website there's a promotion offering a year's subscription to Evernote Premium with purchase of the above model which was also posted on their ScanSnap Facebook page which takes you to this post.

The thing is, it's not mentioned on the UK site nor does the post mention it's limited to the US (which would be a bit silly) so can I purchase this scanner and get a year's subscription to Evernote Premium or not?

Cheers. 

Hi. Welcome to the forums! That sounds like a great deal. I bought my ix500 last Spring, so I guess I am ineligible. It is a great scanner (it's on my desk right now and it just finished a workout). 

The details seem pretty clear to me in the links you provided. If you click on the Evernote promotional PDF (http://www.fujitsu.com/downloads/COMP/fcpa/scanners/ss_ix500_evernote_offer.pdf), it explains:

1. It is valid from 7/1 to 8/31

2. It is limited to residents of the 50 United States.

• Level 5*

This is a Fujitsu offer - and this is a user forum - so the chances of getting a definitive answer here would seem pretty slim.  Don't know exactly what these things cost nowadays (mine's an old-fashioned S1500) but I'd bet the Evernote annual membership by comparison is amazingly small.  And if you really,  really need something...

Edit:  Trumped by Grumpy - again..  ;)

Hi all,

Cheers. 

Hi and welcome also! I am with GrumpyMonkey and gazumped with this purchase. I have had my ix500 since last fall and use it almost everyday. If you need a scanner this one is the only way to go, talk about fast and smooth operation. You will be happy + a year premium of Evernote, what could be better.

Regards,

David in Wichita

Hi all,

Cheers. 

Hi. Welcome to the forums! That sounds like a great deal. I bought my ix500 last Spring, so I guess I am ineligible. It is a great scanner (it's on my desk right now and it just finished a workout). 

The details seem pretty clear to me in the links you provided. If you click on the Evernote promotional PDF (http://www.fujitsu.com/downloads/COMP/fcpa/scanners/ss_ix500_evernote_offer.pdf), it explains:

1. It is valid from 7/1 to 8/31

2. It is limited to residents of the 50 United States.

Doh! Missed the small print so thank you for picking that up!

This is a Fujitsu offer - and this is a user forum - so the chances of getting a definitive answer here would seem pretty slim.  Don't know exactly what these things cost nowadays (mine's an old-fashioned S1500) but I'd bet the Evernote annual membership by comparison is amazingly small.  And if you really,  really need something...

Edit:  Trumped by Grumpy - again..  ;)

Well, I got my answer from Grumpy :P  but annoyed that the offer is restricted to the US - I mean, why post on the (worldwide) ScanSnap Facebook page about the offer?

I take your point about how little the Evernote membership costs but the offer looked to make up for the unjustifiable £90 higher cost of the ix500 in the UK :(  

• 3 months later...

However, I am in the US and did return the promotion (as I did acquire the product) and still nothing. The websites are both showing up as no longer operational. Not that it really matters, but it's a pain in the butt that I had hoped for a premium account, did everything correctly and zilch!

Archived