(Archived) Evernote 2.0 on Android Can't Sync Notes to Web Client

Despearado

I started using Evernote 2.0 for Android on my htc phone since January 2013 (I know it is an out-dated version, but it came with my phone). When I went onto the web client, I saw that any notes created after January are NOT synced. I tried "Sync" but it didn't help. If I create a note on the web client, it does not sync to my Android either.

I've read that 2.0 is buggy and I think I should upgrade to 5.2.2 on my phone, but I'm afraid I will lose my unsynced Notes. What should I do now?

- Will an upgrade on my phone save my problem?

- Is there a safe upgrade route for me?

- Is there a way to first export my notes on the phone and get them saved before I upgrade.

Any help will be greatly appreceiated. Thanks!

D

• Level 5*

I'd imagine there have been a couple of changes between 2.0 and 5.2.2 - and I don't think I ever used that version,  so don't know what options you would have available (if any) to save / export / share your latest notes.  I think you just have to bite the bullet and see what happens when you upgrade.  Your notes to January are safe online - as to the rest,  there's no point in creating further notes via your handset if they can only sit there in isolation. You need to try and sync what you have.  There's no way that I know to safeguard your recent notes other than by backing up the phone,  but a restore would only put you back in your current situation.  By all means check with Evernote and HTC support teams for any better ideas,  but I think this is cut your losses time...

Archived