2 reminder feature requests

Two quick feature requests:

• Have a "Remove Date" button or option for reminders - vs. removing the reminder all together, then retagging the note as a reminder
  • Add a "Today" button to the "Add Date to Reminder" menu option (right now, I just see "Tomorrow" and "In a week")

And here are the standard motivational phrases / thinly veiled threats to get your PMs to make this a priority (choose your favorite!):

• I am a free user, and if I just had these features I'd totally become a premium member.
  • I'm currently a Premium member, but the lack of these simple features is astounding.  If these aren't built I am totally leaving Evernote forever.
  • These features should be easy, based on my obvious visibility into your code and roadmap.  I could churn it out in 5.4 nanoseconds myself.
  • I know your team works hard and has a lot of requests.  You guys are doing a great job!  And I hope you can get to my features.  And I hope if I empathize with you, you'll feel a sudden obligation to keep me happy.
  • If you build these for me, I'll totally be your biggest fan ever and tell my friends/family/strangers about Evernote (note: adult version of "If you do this I'll be your best friend!").
  • I would totally pay more for these features if that shows you how valuable and a priority these features should be (so long as any pay increase is purely hypothetical).
  • I will try to be funny and appear like I'm not trying to motivate you / make thinly veiled threats, in the real hope that - er, never mind on this one.

Cheers,

xmasmoneky (sic)

post-56560-0-46551700-1375368573_thumb.j

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

The lack of #1 (no way to remove a due date on a reminder without turning the reminder off and back on for a note) is becoming a real pain now that I use Evernote daily to manage my task list.  Any good news to share?  All my standard motivational phrases / thinly veiled threats stand.  I can imagine under the "Change Date" context menu, you add "Remove Date" or "Clear Date" after the "In a Week" button).  Heck - if you implement #1, you have my permission to skip request #2!

• 3 months later...

Excited to see this finally ready for release - thanks for the hard work Evernote team!

(P.S. This is a new tactic. Pretend my feature request is done to create feelings of guilt/obligation to live up to expectations. I think this time I've finally nailed it.)

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, Jackolicious - I've got another reason why you should implement my feature request:

I just attended your SXSW Evernote User Appreciation party, dressed up in Evernote colors, and one of your engineers promised to implement my feature requests.

Ok, ok, I lied.  The engineer I met worked on Skitch and only promised to put in a good word for me.  The rest is true (including the green sweater I wore).  I am upset though because I was unable to pin the Evernote logo on the elephant's tail, and only won a sticker vs. a t-shirt.

Also - I decided to turn the original forum post into a blog post (I'm a Product Manager as well, so I see these motivational phrases / thinly veiled threats all the time).  This is in no way an attempt to drive traffic to my personal blog.

10 Popular Ways to Get Your Feature Requests Implemented

Cheers,

xmasmoneky

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...

I haven't gone away, just FYI.  Still stalking checking in.  

Just wishing, hoping, and waiting for the ability to clear the date on a reminder without having to convert the reminder back to a note, then back to a reminder again.  Maybe a "Clear Date" button?

• Like 1
  • 10 months later...

Almost a year later - and I am still here.  Going to keep lobbying for this change.  Can we do it?  YES WE CAN!

To summarize the paint point to fix here:

• You can take a reminder from your list and add a date.  Imagine a reminder is your "To Do" item, and you just picked a date to complete the item.
  • Now you decide you want to remove the reminder date.  For the "To Do" list analogy, this is equivalent to deciding you changed your mind and haven't decided when to tackle that to-do item.
  • To do this today - you must:
    • Clear the reminder completely (i.e. convert it from a reminder into an ordinary note)
    • Then mark the note as a reminder again.  At this point, the note is a reminder without a date.

My proposal is to allow the reminder date to be cleared/unset more easily.  For example:

post-56560-0-68224600-1440790893_thumb.p

post-56560-0-68224600-1440790893_thumb.p

• Like 1
  • 4 years later...