Search notes without any reminder

Hello,

I have a saved search and I would like to perform the same search but without the notes which have a reminder. I have been trying for quite some time with no success. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My search is currently this :

notebook:"Actice tasks" tag:@Pro -tag:".3 Soon" -tag:".4 Later" -tag:".5 One day" -tag:".6 This exact day"

Best regards

Pierre

Welcome to the forum :)

There are a couple of search terms for reminders that I don't think are too well documented yet. They come more from the Developer API pages, but are usable.

If I understand the search terms correctly, to find notes with no reminders, use: -reminderOrder:*

(Note the minus to negate the search)

This looks for all notes without a reminder order attribute, so no reminder.

Some more reminder searches can be found here at the end of this note:

https://www.evernote.com/pub/spgscott/evernote-help#b=ca136823-f4bd-45ef-9b71-4e942a351b16&st=p&n=d451a376-934c-4fa1-815c-cbd5ee1a7523

Scott

Thank you so much for the answer. I had tried that at work before posting on evernote for windows 8 and it didn't work. I just tried again at home on evernote for mac and it does work.

I'll try again tomorrow, see if i didn't do a typo earlier and let you know.

Again, thank you. 

Pierre

Ah, I completely forgot to mention...but if reminders aren't supported in the client (i.e the Windows and Windows Touch versions) then the search does not work. Sorry.

You will need to wait for when they are added to those clients before you can do the search.

• Level 5*

Are reminders in the Windows 8 Touch version already? They're not in the desktop version, and the search control doesn't understand the various reminder terms ("reminderDoneTime:", "reminderTime:", etc.

--- Ah, you're too quick, Scott! :) ---

• 11 months later...

I would like to replace my 'Task' tag with just reminders, and then I can add dates for the ones that I need to be reminded about, and for others just review them.

So how can I search for all notes with reminders (both date set and no date set)?

This would be really helpful for a total Reminders saved search to put in my shortcuts.

• 2 years later...
  • Level 5*
2 hours ago, chrras said:

@snowbaked: Did you find a solution to your problem? I would be happy to hear if you got a solution.

>>I would like to replace my 'Task' tag with just reminders

You can easily search for reminder dates
My Current Task list uses this search
reminderTime:* -reminderTime:day+1 -reminderDoneTime:*
(reminder date     exclude future dated    exclude completed)

>>and for others just review them

I see this as a separate review
For example, in a weekly review of projects tasks get added, dates get assigned

• Level 5*
On 11/19/2016 at 8:29 AM, chrras said:

@snowbaked: Did you find a solution to your problem? I would be happy to hear if you got a solution.

You should read the Evernote Search Grammar documentation here: https://dev.evernote.com/doc/articles/search_grammar.php. I don't know exactly what searches you are looking for, but I believe that you'd be looking at using a mix of the remindertime and reminderorder terms.

• Level 5*
On 7/2/2014 at 7:16 AM, snowbaked said:

So how can I search for all notes with reminders (both date set and no date set)?

For all notes with reminders, dated or not, open or completed:    Reminderorder:*

For all notes with reminders dated or not, open only:    Reminderorder:* -reminderdonetime:*

Archived