(Archived) Repeatedly asking for login

freediverx

hi freediverx,

Can you help us verify what build version you are using. (Safari > Preferences > Extensions )

Also we'd like to know if you are free, premium or business premium user. (this issue seems to affect one of these buckets the most...)

Additionally - if you have something that resets Safari or clears cookies automatically this is expected at the moment. 

I am a premium member. I am a beta tester. On many occasion I have had the clipper Asked me or tell me I must sign in for it to work. At that point when I have clipped the icon in the toolbar for a place to sign it, there isn't one. I have bought this was a bug for a while. After reading the initial entry a few minutes ago I tried to do something and I it appeared to go through without a hitch. Hopefully that is limited. I have using OS 9.

• 2 weeks later...

I am having the same problem except that I have to sign in several times an hour. If I open a browser tab in a new window, then save to evernote, I will have to sign in again. If I click on one of the "Related Notes" on the "Clipped" message, then the note will try to open in a new browser window and will display nothing. At this point if I open another 'tab' in the same browser 'window', go to evernote and login, then I can refresh and see the note. However, when I return to the browser window I started from, then I am logged out of evernote.

There are many variations, but the gist is that almost every time I use the web clipper, I must sign-in over and over again. Nothing to do with clearing cache or cookies or logging out, not at all. Simply clip a few times, then login again. 

I am using Safari Version 6.0.5 (8536.30.1) on OS 8.0.4 Mountain Lion on a MacBook Pro. And I am using the Evernote Web Clipper. I don't know how to view the script it is running because it is on the 'toolbar' not on the 'bookmarks' bar. 

I have a premium evernote account. 

Is there a workaround for this? 

Also, this is a new bug. I cannot pinpoint exactly when it started, but sometime within the last few weeks. 

And, fyi, this is horribly, maddeningly frustrating. Especially because it is a new bug. 

• 2 months later...

This happening for me with FireFox and Safari. The only extension that works is with Google Chrome.

This is indeed very, very frustrating and only happened to me when I went from Free to Business and then back to Free again. Might give an indication?

Update: Sorry it only happens in Firefox for me.

• 1 month later...

Archived