(Archived) Fastest Evernote: IOS vs. Android vs. Winphone8

Hello. I use Evernote in Android with Samsung Galaxy S2 (i9100).

I don't use attachments at all, only textual notes.

Very often I have a situation where I just need to write some note quickly up to Evernote. Then I start it from Android and it is very slow/sluggish before I get to the note and can start writing.

Is it equally slow in all the 3 platform or faster in some of them? Btw. I use a phone, not a tablet, so I am mostly interested about phone version answers... :)

seems like it tries to sync something right in the beginning, it would be nice if there was some "fast note feature", where you can write a small note without waiting for sync, and after that it just appends the fast note to the end of the chosen note.

• Level 5*

On iOS, I recommend FastEver. 

On Android, I recommend the Widget.

They are both pretty much instantaneous. If you are editing notes, then you have to use the Evernote app, and that can be pretty slow depending on your phone, how much you have to sync (you can go into Airplane mode on iOS or turn off sync on Android to speed things up). 

. If you are editing notes, then you have to use the Evernote app, and that can be pretty slow depending on your phone, how much you have to sync (you can go into Airplane mode on iOS or turn off sync on Android to speed things up).

You can also edit with Clever on iOS. But it has its own issues, too.

To weigh in with Windows phone (though I am on a lumia 710, which is wp 7.something) there is also a relatively quick "new note" tile that can be pinned to the start screen too"

For me it appears quite quick in creating a note. Normal opening of EN though is a little sluggish. Probably because of the Auto Sync when you open. Something I need to look into a little more.

Also, just to poke the others, us WP users get to make Template Tiles, so we can create a note that will be used as a base for a new note. So :P

Also, I think it will be a little difficult to find the best device for you based on other people experience with it up to a point. It may well vary a bit based on which device, and other variables specific to the person who owns it I think.

Archived