Crashing Evernote

sKY::

Idea

Hi, I'm running EVernote on MAC OSX 10.6.8 and since this week, every time I try to start the program, it opens and crashes instantly. I downloaded the newest version and it still happens even with the latest upgrade. How can I bypass this and just run the application? Crash reports serve me no purpose if I can't even run the program on my computer. I'd prefer not to resort to have to use it online. That doesn't work for me. :(

Thanks for any help and solutions.

8 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi, I'm running EVernote on MAC OSX 10.6.8 and since this week, every time I try to start the program, it opens and crashes instantly. I downloaded the newest version and it still happens even with the latest upgrade. How can I bypass this and just run the application? Crash reports serve me no purpose if I can't even run the program on my computer. I'd prefer not to resort to have to use it online. That doesn't work for me. :(

Thanks for any help and solutions.

Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall (erasing everything)? If not, I recommend the direct download version. Here are instructions. Of course, you should always have a backup before attempting this.

http://www.christopher-mayo.com/?p=135

Hi. I've been having the same crashing problem on both my iPad and iPhone. I have uninstalled and re-installed several times on both devices. I got the iPad working for a while the. Then it began crashing again. Are others experiencing this as well and is there a fix for this. BTW I've also restarted both devices several times.

Thanks!

Steven

• Level 5*

Hi. I've been having the same crashing problem on both my iPad and iPhone. I have uninstalled and re-installed several times on both devices. I got the iPad working for a while the. Then it began crashing again. Are others experiencing this as well and is there a fix for this. BTW I've also restarted both devices several times.

Thanks!

Steven

Hi Steven. Welcome to the forums. The iOS client is totally different than the Mac one. In your case, my recommendation would be to make sure that you have synced everything before you delete the apps, download through iTunes (on your computer), and reinstall. If this does not fix your problem, then I would recommend contacting support (see the link in my signature).

I had to resurrect my white MacBook running OS X 10.6.8. I have installed and completely uninstalled (via AppCleaner) both the App Store version and the direct download versions. In both cases, Evernote crashes almost immediately after startup every time the app starts.

Is there anything else that we can try? Downgrading to an old version?

Thanks,
Syd

I had this issue with my Win PC.  Might be the same problem with the data files on your Mac.  If your Evernote data is synced to the clould, find the local Evernote/Databases folder and move all the files to another folder.  Let Evernote resync back to your computer. DON'T TRY THIS WITHOUT FIRST SAVING YOUR ORIGINAL DATABASE FILES IN CASE IT DOESN'T WORK.

Try removing the saved passwords for Evernote in the Keychain, also try changing its properties so all applications are allowed to access the two Evernote related keychain entries - this seems to have made things better for me. Hope its useful for others - looks like a bug in Evernote on OS X but this may be a reasonable workaround.

Archived