iOS bookmarklet —embarrasing!

Please fix the bookmarklet! It does not work! It is slow, heavy and a complete mess. I spend half of my time just trying to login. Please accept cookies and what not, but i am. It is embarrasing. And you guy must now the stats on how much internet traffic is coming from iOS and iPads in particular.

Just look at the free service of Pocket, those guys are able to make one that works. Even when private browsing in turned on.

I like to believe that i am paying for a service and app that is ment to clip and store content from Safari.

Get in the game. And don't be depended on third party app and developers to fix your core business/service. I have already paid once. It is incompetent in my eyes.

We do not make a bookmarklet for iOS - only for the desktop.

We have a clipper available for Evernote on iOS available from within the client itself.

I know.

But safari is the native browser. That i and lot of people use for all their browsing and internet traffic.

Evernote's build in browser is useless in this regard. Doesn't solve a thing.

Try this lets us know if it helps you, evernote may have their reasons not to make it available, if pocket are able to do it, I don't see why can't evernote.

Try this link see if it works for you

http://static.chrisbray.com/bookmarklets/#

I have a bookmarklet i created long time ago, but this code you post seems different. I will give it a shot. Perhaps it will work, slighty better.

• 2 months later...

We have a clipper available for Evernote on iOS available from within the client itself.

Wow, that is REALLY not a solution, especially since iOS forces URLs to open in safari. So if we get a link in an email and click it, then see something we want to save, we have to:

1) wait for safari to open and load the web page

2) go through steps to copy the URL

3) open evernote and wait for it to load

4) create a new note

5) paste in the URL

6) close the note and then re-open it to make evernote convert the url to a link 

7) click link and wait for page to load AGAIN

8) select desired text

9) click share, then select clip to evernote

However, if we had a bookmarklet (that sized appropriately for mobile pages), we would

1) tap bookmarks, then the bookmarklet

2) hit save

3) unfortunately, later have to go to Evernote and delete unwanted text because safari deselects text when bookmarks button is pressed :(

• Level 5

Dunno Paul.  I'd have to sit and think about the nuances of what drives to the different options in different contexts but I regularly use most of the above.

• Dolphin browser has great clipping support if you want to set the notebook and tag details at the time of clipping
  • Everclip - mostly if I know in advance I'll be doing clipping of sections.  It also picks up the current clipboard when launched so it can be used after the fact.
  • The internal Evernote clipping.  I get the URL there by just forwarding the email to my evernote email address, or in Safari, sharing the page to my evernote email address.

And that doesn't scratch the surface of the things that can be done if you use a launcher that supports URL schemes with clipboard data like Launcher Pro or Launcher +

---

Evernote feature rant:

• and it would be nice if Evernote supported URL schemes directly like the alternate client Clever does
  • and it would be nice if the evernote client supported copying the internal evernote link to clipboard as easily as it does the public one.  Instead of having to go through this exercise: http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/40001-ios-54-note-links-feature-completion-request/
    • The use case is:
      • I forward the email with the link to my evernote email address.
      • I use the internal clipping to fetch the URL's content.
      • I'd like to link the first note to the clipped note.  Perhaps even swapping it for the original note in the email.  Something that's tricky and unsupported to do in the ios client, but trivial on the desktop.
  • 2 weeks later...

This got me really worked up today. Link clipping is great on the web, I don't understand why they cant do something for mobile... 

Anyway, whilst Dolphin does a great job (I was pleasantly surprised), Its difficult to escape safari on iOS. 

... I created the following Ifttt.com action (https://ifttt.com/recipes/128250) to solve this. Pocket has a great bookmarklet  (mobile optimised too) which lets you add tags and this action basically uses that to send stuff to Evernote. 

If you don't mind leaving Safari having copied the link, the Pocket app can send to Evernote nicely too. Looks like this...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How is this supposed to work? I have the latest iOS7 client, and it doesn't offer any clipping facilities that I can see. 

• Level 5*

How is this supposed to work? I have the latest iOS7 client, and it doesn't offer any clipping facilities that I can see.

Type www.google.com into a note, save the note, click on the link, and you'll see the Google home page. Press the icon in the top right corner and you will have an option to save to Evernote. This only works for pages opened while browsing within Evernote. Alternatively, outside of Evernote, you could use the free browser iCab mobile. It has an Evernote web clipper.

@GrumpyMonkey: I see, thanks. That's a tad on the clumsy side. The bookmarklet's probably a better option.

@evenote folks: using the inbuilt browser could be an acceptable way to clip, if there were an easier way to open pages. How about monitoring the pasteboard for URLs, and offering to open the pasteboard url in Evernote's browser (or even just to clip it directly)?

Archived