(Archived) Spell Check for Tags and Notebooks

deevernote

I misspell words, as im sure you do as well from time to time.

i end up with multiple tags that technically mean the same thing but have different spellings because if im unsure how to spell a word it often gets multple versions of spelling on accident.

thus i would apreciate an auto complete function that would popup when adding new tags and have evernote auto suggest tags that we might be typing despite the spelling not being correct. 

I misspell words, as im sure you do as well from time to time.

i end up with multiple tags that technically mean the same thing but have different spellings because if im unsure how to spell a word it often gets multple versions of spelling on accident.

thus i would apreciate an auto complete function that would popup when adding new tags and have evernote auto suggest tags that we might be typing despite the spelling not being correct. 

What client(s) are you using?  I know the Windows & iOS clients suggest tags based upon what you type, when assigning tags.  I doubt this is something EN would add soon, if ever.  So I would suggest you first try assigning the tag before simply deciding to create a new one.  And see what options EN suggests for you as you type.  Also, if I'm unsure about spelling, I use the dictionary, which is always at my fingertips when I have an internet connection, called the 'internet'. 

• Level 5*

Don't know if it depends on the client you're using,  but my Windows client gives me a list of possible options from the time I type the first letter of my tag. 

I most often choose the correct name from a list rather than  having to type it all (although that hasn't stopped me getting into exactly the same situation through typos and misremembered tags used in emails...)

Archived