Evernote Web Clipper Feature Request

jedipunk

Idea

Specifically, Chrome since I have not used the web clipper on another browser, yet.

When typing in tags for a clip, the auto-suggest feature is great.  I would also like it to auto-complete with the top suggestion if I hit the tab or comma and accept what is typed if I hit enter. (tab would complete and go to the next field, comma would just complete)

For example, using the suggestion above, if I start typing "Bat" and the top suggestion is "Batman," I want to hit the tab or comma to complete the word "Batman" (matching case) rather than hit the down-arrow then enter.  However, if I want to accept "Bat" as the tag (maybe it is a new tag) I just hit enter.

Right now, if I hit tab or comma in this scenario whatever is typed in becomes the tag (in this case "Bat").  To select a suggestion (even the top one) I have to hit the down-arrow then enter.

Minor issue, but it's absence smacks me every time since many programs I use do this. (google search uses tab to complete the word).

It would also be nice if the auto complete was not limited to start of the word but would filter tags with "bat" in the middle of the tag like "Vampire Bat" or "Combat"

Of course a smart ranking of suggestions would look at context, if possible, or last used or something.

As always, feature should be able to be optional.

Edit: I should mention that the web app does this almost as described (using enter and tab to complete with the fist suggestion) while comma uses what is typed.  That would also be fine for the web clipper.

1 reply to this idea

Archived