Sharing a Note with Note Links

UC_student

Hi folks,

I know this topic has come up in some form previously - but not exactly in the form that I am asking (i.e. between Evernote users); also the discussions are from > 1 year ago and Evernote has been continuing to improve + new features.

My question:

When sharing a note, with an evernote user, if my note that I am sharing contains several "note links" to other documents, does that person automatically gain access to being able to view those note links that are contained in the document that I am sharing.

case example: 1 document, 100 questions, each being answered by members of a study group, I am adding note links in order to avoid typing long answers, the note links point to an original source, say a PDF or excellent review article, that has highlighting from Clearly...I would like my colleagues that I am sharing the document with to be able to see my full resources and it's detailed contents.

Thank you kindly

Hi folks,

I know this topic has come up in some form previously - but not exactly in the form that I am asking (i.e. between Evernote users); also the discussions are from > 1 year ago and Evernote has been continuing to improve + new features.

My question:

When sharing a note, with an evernote user, if my note that I am sharing contains several "note links" to other documents, does that person automatically gain access to being able to view those note links that are contained in the document that I am sharing.

case example: 1 document, 100 questions, each being answered by members of a study group, I am adding note links in order to avoid typing long answers, the note links point to an original source, say a PDF or excellent review article, that has highlighting from Clearly...I would like my colleagues that I am sharing the document with to be able to see my full resources and it's detailed contents.

Thank you kindly

The answer to your question is no. The note links might work if all notes are in a notebook that is shared to them, I don't know.

Thanks - sounds like not possible at this time unless all the linked documents are also shared.

Best regards

I'm pretty certain that is the case. All the notes must be shared whether the notes were individually shared or "batch shared" by sharing the whole notebook. EN does not do this automatically & I doubt that would ever change, since it becomes a privacy issue. Auto sharing notes that are linked to from within a note or notebook you are sharing could accidentally share something that should not have been. As it is now, users are making a conscious decision about sharing that note or that entire notebook. if something gets shared that should not have been, it's the user's fault.
  • 2 years later...

Like top many things in Evernote, this is only half-implemented (don't even get me started talking about Tables).

If I have three Notes, and there are Link Notes between them... then I share them all with other people... the links no longer work. This is d-u-m-b. I would actually have to copy and long "Public Link" URLs for each page, paste them on the other pages, before a Web user could take advantage of the links. So I'd have to build a dual navigation system onto every page. Example:

"If you're running Evernote, you can get to the detailed meeting agenda here. If you're not, please go here: https://www.evernote.com/l/ARWjflHEvv1JXoStQx3sH3"

Like I said, d-u-m-b. Why can't the same Note Links work, whether in Evernote or online?

If I've missed something, somebody please tell me!

Archived