Feature Request : Auto-Completion of Tag Names in Windows Search Bar

yavin

It would be really great if when typing out a tag value in a note search, if existing tags auto-completed to a list. For example if I was searching for notes tagged withe the word 'vacations' I might type 'tag:vac' and get a list of tags that existed with this prefix and can choose the right one without needing to guess if I had defined the tag as plural or not or needing to go back to all my tags to manually research what was defined. I understand I can use wildcards to avoid the suffix altogether but it seems this method also has the problem of picking up other like spelled tags that I do not want in my results. Thanks,

• Level 5*

In the new Windows 5 beta, this is available, though it looks like there's a problem. For example, hit F6 to bring you to the search control. Start typing. If Evernote recognizes what you've typed as a prefix of one or more tag names, it suggests them. Pick one, and it's added.

The problem: it also leaves what you've typed as a text search. Looks like a glitch.

For example, you type "To" and you see Tags: "Todo", "Today", and "Tonsils". You select "Todo", and you wind up with the search "tag:Todo To"

In my case, the auto completion has changed.

It doesn't pick a match automatically. Even if I have only 1 tag that matches the typed text, it still requires that I select from the drop down list(or finish typing the whole thing). Otherwise it creates a new tag when I press enter.

This is not the case with the last version. It would fill in the whole tag & search when there was nothing left to eliminate.

Regards,

Gary

@jmedlin

Yes. It filled in version 4 with "enter", requires a selection then "enter in 5. I have machines with each versions, so I double checked.

It's not a huge problem, but I'm creating a number of new, useless tags in the mean time.

I'm a slow learner.

Regards,

Gary

Archived