Suggestion: Export attachments with title as file names

Nikolaj

Idea

Exporting the attachments of one or more notes is crucial feature of Evernote.

But the naming seems somewhat between random and auto generated and leaves me with quite a big job of renaming while correlating with notes in Evernote.

A request is hereby made to improve the feature of exporting attachments to optionally use the title as file name. If multiple attachments are present in a note, just add an index number.

Hope you will consider this as an enhancements request.

Thanks,

Nikolaj

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi Nikolaj - I agree the filenames for exported items are not exactly user-friendly.  What about the files that were saved with specific names by the user - Diary.docx forinstance.  I would file that in a 'journal' note - would you have that default to the note title or to it's original name?

Hi gazumped.

Thanks for your answer.

Hm, the original name from file attachment should be preserved I suppose, but in many cases photos or mails serve as origins for many attachments and thus won't have a user-friendly name. My suggestion would be to optionally save all attachments as the title name as an alternative to the existing functionality.

I completely agree with this. For instance, I scanned in all my 2013 tax documents (one note per document with the title of whatever the file was) and saved it in a notebook called Taxes. I thought it would make it nice and easy to send over to my tax guy. It would be very helpful if there was the option to save attachments with title or save attachments with original attachment name. As it stands, I'm spending a lot of time now going through and renaming all of my attachments to send to my tax guy. I would have been better off just naming them this from the beginning and saving in my Dropbox account :(

Please do indeed include an automatic feature to quickly rename the attachment to the name of the journal title. Multiple attachments would then get an index number.

This saves a lot of time. I am also a Scansnap user, so I agree with Magalie.

Will you implement this request? 

Archived