Kilili

windows (Archived) Evernote 5 for WIndows beta, search bar location

For larger wide screen displays, search bar is right justified, with lots of dead space between it and everything else.  See attachment.

Would be better to left justify.

post-86053-0-53078400-1374277218_thumb.j

I've whined about the search bar location a fair amount already. Have at it.

+1  I would prefer the search bar to be located over the notebooks, rather than over an individual note, since most of the time I am searching across multiple notes.

My take is that it ought to go over the note list (where it was in version 4 and earlier), as the search control directly affects what you see in the note list, since it acts as a filter for that result set.

• Like 1

Not that it matters, but above the notes gets my vote. If I search, that's where I'm looking for a result.

I don't refine my searches down to a single note. Too much trouble. I search for a small subset that allows me to easily visually pick from the reduced note list.

Regards,

Gary

Not that it matters, but above the notes gets my vote. If I search, that's where I'm looking for a result.

I don't refine my searches down to a single note. Too much trouble. I search for a small subset that allows me to easily visually pick from the reduced note list.

Exactly. Not sure we're going to get our way, but it's worth saying so.