(Archived) Reminder search filters.

I want to search the reminder notes without due date , together with due date after today,  how do i search for that?

Reminders without due date:

reminderorder:* -remindertime:*  

Reminders due after today:

remindertime:day+1

How can I combine above together?  using some words like "OR"?

I want to search the reminder notes without due date , together with due date after today, how do i search for that?

Reminders without due date:

reminderorder:* -remindertime:*

Reminders due after today:

remindertime:day+1

How can I combine above together? using some words like "OR"?

Have you tried prefacing with any:?

any: reminderorder:* -remindertime:* remindertime:day+1

Search grammar info here: http://dev.evernote.com/documentation/cloud/chapters/search_grammar.php

• Level 5

This won't work. You're saying you want any notes which either:

a - have a reminder set

b -don't have a reminder date set

or

c - have a reminder date in the future

a includes all notes with reminders and b includes all notes without reminders, so you're going to get back all your notes.

This won't work. You're saying you want any notes which either:

a - have a reminder set

b -don't have a reminder date set

or

c - have a reminder date in the future

a includes all notes with reminders and b includes all notes without reminders, so you're going to get back all your notes.

Duh...  I haven't used reminders at all, so haven't looked at the search grammar & only took it from OP.  SO...should

any: -remindertime:* remindertime:day+1

work for OP?

I think what may have been confusing for OP and didn't trigger anything for Jeff or I is that a & b use different keywords.  IOW, I guess reminderorder:* is the same as remindertime:*?  (At least in this case.)

(I did glance at the API this time.  :)  )

• Level 5

SO...should

any: -remindertime:* remindertime:day+1

work for OP?

No. The problem is that -remindertime:* includes both notes without reminders and notes with reminders but no date.

I don't think there is any way to do what the OP requested.

No. The problem is that -remindertime:* includes both notes without reminders and notes with reminders but no date.

Ok, I think I have it now.  (Looked more closely at the API.).  In order to do what OP wants, you'd need to be able to do

(reminderorder:* AND -remindertime:*) OR remindertime:day+1

And you can't combine and/or in Evernote searches.

Yeah, just played with this on the web client & that seems to be what OP wants (an and/or).

• Level 5*

This won't work.

I'm not surprised -- didn't really analyze the reminder terms, I was just answering the OP's question about doing OR searches.

As we all know pretty well, there's no way to do mixed AND/OR searches, except in some limited cases where you can use tag or text wildcards.

This won't work.

I'm not surprised -- didn't really analyze the reminder terms, I was just answering the OP's question about doing OR searches.

As we all know pretty well, there's no way to do mixed AND/OR searches, except in some limited cases where you can use tag or text wildcards.

Ok, I think I have it now.  (Looked more closely at the API.).  In order to do what OP wants, you'd need to be able to do

And you can't combine and/or in Evernote searches.

Yeah, just played with this on the web client & that seems to be what OP wants (an and/or).

Thanks for feedback.

I tried following combinations, and know they don't work.

Any:(reminderorder:*  -remindertime:*) remindertime:day+1

So, It seems there is no way to mix AND/OR searchs in Evernote, it's a pity.

• Level 5*

Correct. Evernote search has no AND or OR Boolean operators. It's either a fully AND search by default,or if you add the any: term, it's a fully OR search. Again, see the knowledge base article that I linked to, or, for a more technical description, do a web search for "Evernote search grammar".

Archived