(Archived) Android Offline notes -> no internet connection try again later?

ZoZo

I've enabled the 'Offline notebook' setting on all of my notebooks on my Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet.

When there's no internet connection and I try to open notes in the offline notebooks the notes won't open : 

No internet connection, try again later.

Why are the notes not downloaded on my device? I've disabled and enabled the offline setting for a few times, but nothing happens.

Any ideas what's going on here?

(I know I can contact support, but there first advice is always to reinstall the product. I don't have time for that now).

Reinstall won't help.

I've had the same problem, with some offline notes accessible, while others are not.  Usually they seem to be newer notes. This problem seems to go away after a number of syncs.

Seems like, although sync says completed, in reality it is not with regard to offline notes, and somehow some content is not updated.

I don't have a good handle on the problem, but it sure is a real headache when it happens, like on an airplane.

It's very disappointing to see that a basic feature like this just doesn't work.

I need to be able to rely on a product like this. Maybe I should transfer my notes over to Onenote. They did a major update on their mobile apps recently...

Will contact support. Maybe they can help me out to fix this.

• Level 5*

I don't fully understand how this works myself, I do use offline notebooks but keep them to a small number, and haven't had this problem. Hopefully support can sort it all out for you.

I uninstalled Evernote from my Galaxy Note 10.1.

After uninstalling there was still a 6GB Evernote file on my device? Very strange. I also deleted this file.

Installed Evernote again and did some tests. Every note I tried is really offline now, so I hope the problem is fixed...

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem on my HTC One with Evernote premium. Followed Zozo's advice but it had no effect. Wonder if I missed the file.  Zozo - what was the name of the file and where did you find it?  I may have missed something.

Archived