(Archived) A "Remove Formatting" problem about line breaks

Hi, the "Remove Formatting" function couldn't remove line breaks in some of my notes on Evernote. For example, in the note(see the note for details),line breaks between Line 4 and Line 6 cannot be removed by clicking the "Remove Formatting" button on the formatting tool bar of the note. The "Remove Formatting" button can remove other format such as color. So I think the probability of a network problem is not very big. Any suggestions or ideas? Thank you.

Line 1
Line 2
Line 3
Line 4

Line 5

Line 6

The html source related to Line 1 to Line 6
<div><br clear="none"></div>
<div>Line 1</div>
<div>Line 2</div>
<div>Line 3</div>
<p>Line 4</p>
<p>Line 5</p>
<p>Line 6</p>
<p> </p>

------------
My browser: Chrome 28.0.1500.72 m
My Evernote Client: Web
My OS: Windows XP SP2 VOL CN
My Screen: 14'' broad screen LCD
  • 2 months later...

I have had this same issue!! It is driving me INSANE. I can not figure out how to get any uniformity! GAH Someone please help before I quit it altogether. 

For instance I have a note that I use with quite frequency that is just a list for keeping track of which email address and user name I use for different online accounts. I want it formatted like this:

Email Accounts:

School Gmail

example@gmail.com

Personal Gmail

example2@g.school.edu

Yahoo Account

example@yahoo.com

Social Media:

Twitter

User Name: @example

Email: example@gmail.com

Facebook

Email: example@yahoo.com

Store Accounts:

Ebay

User Name: ExampleName

Email Address: example@yahoo.com

Amazon

Really that should not be hard at all. But it is a nightmare. Sometimes I can get a list to look like that on the web, but then when I look at it on my phone it looks like:

Email Accounts:

School Gmail

example@gmail.com

Personal Gmail

example2@g.school.edu

Yahoo Account

example@yahoo.com

Social Media:

Twitter

User Name: @example

Email: example@gmail.com

Facebook

Store Accounts:

Ebay

User Name: ExampleName

Email Address: example@yahoo.com

Amazon

And if I input any information into the note from my phone, every line will have 3 or more blank lines between each line on the web version!!

sometimes I can't even get it to work right when starting it initially on the web version!I have tried everything. I have tried the Clear Formatting button and like the original poster I will have random spaces throughout the note. there seems to be no rhyme or reason behind these spacings. SO FRUSTRATED

Also is there a button or somewhere on the iphone app that lets me manually sync it? There used to be but I just now updated it and I can't seem to find one anymore. 

Archived