(Archived) My own Evernote Usage stats for 2-3 months

Shiraz Mistry

Dear all,

I am sure like many others, you too would like to know if the previous months you have been using Evernote at its full capacity. It is great that I get to see my current month's usage, however, would it be possible to show a history of usage. For this month I am at 38% usage allowed. Small, but then again, I try to use Evernote for everything possible.

Why? Well, for one, I would like to know if this normal usage for me or start to consider the Evernote Premium version for my needs.

Maybe this has already been discussed, so please forgive my repetition.

What do you think about this concept?

• Level 5*

Dear all,

I am sure like many others, you too would like to know if the previous months you have been using Evernote at its full capacity. It is great that I get to see my current month's usage, however, would it be possible to show a history of usage. For this month I am at 38% usage allowed. Small, but then again, I try to use Evernote for everything possible.

Why? Well, for one, I would like to know if this normal usage for me or start to consider the Evernote Premium version for my needs.

Maybe this has already been discussed, so please forgive my repetition.

What do you think about this concept?

Hi. Welcome to the forums. It sounds like a good idea tome. I am all for more information about our accounts. Who doesn't like statistics?

Until then, you could use manually Evernote to track your daily usage: Amount uploaded, number of notes, etc. It could be an interesting lifelogging exercise :)

Until then, you could use manually Evernote to track your daily usage: Amount uploaded, number of notes, etc. It could be an interesting lifelogging exercise :)

Lazy way is to take a screen cap of your usage on the last day. You could use the new reminder function, unless your use is strictly on the Windows client ;-)

• Level 5

I am sure like many others, you too would like to know if the previous months you have been using Evernote at its full capacity. It is great that I get to see my current month's usage, however, would it be possible to show a history of usage.

In my opinion the monthly % usage is not a gauge of how much I am using Evernote. The current monthly % usage is a just a warning device. 

After the monthly period ends?

What's behind me no longer matters.

Sure, I could get closer to the max if I tried, but I have other programs that are much more effective at storing massive amounts of data. For instance, my photos are stored on Flickr, Google Plus, and Facebook. My videos are stored on YouTube. E-Books on my E-Book reader. My PowerPoint presentations are stored in DropBox and an external hard drive. Same with my large PDF files.

A suggestion: Be careful putting too much stuff in to Evernote. I've seen comments from power users who have struggled with speed and search difficulties due to Evernote's scaling capabilities.  Some users have resorted to removing their large PDF files, others resorted to creating secondary accounts to help with problems associated with data overload. Personally, I hit the wall last month when I tried installing Evernote on my new smart phone.

A more accurate measure of Evernote is how often it is used.

There might not be a specific statistic, but I know I use it more than any other program I have.

• 3 months later...

Archived