(Archived) Search Discrepancy on Android

tunit

Hello

I'm having trouble getting Evernote seach results to work as I think they should on the Android plaform.

Basically, I have a note entitled 'Men at Work fitness centre opening times' which tells me the opening times of my local gym. When I seach the following

intitle:men at work

in the web client I get 10 results, including the note as mentioned above.

However, when I type exactly the same term in my phone, I get 5 results, none of which are the note mentioned above.

I think that somewhere in the Knowledge Base it says that the search should work exactly the same on all formats.

What do you think I could be doing wrong?

Hello

I'm having trouble getting Evernote seach results to work as I think they should on the Android plaform.

Basically, I have a note entitled 'Men at Work fitness centre opening times' which tells me the opening times of my local gym. When I seach the following

However, when I type exactly the same term in my phone, I get 5 results, none of which are the note mentioned above.

I think that somewhere in the Knowledge Base it says that the search should work exactly the same on all formats.

Intitle:"men at work"

Without quotes, you're looking for a note with the word 'men' in the title and that also contain the words 'at' and 'work', anywhere in the note. However, I do seem to recall a thread where not all clients function the same. IE, on the Windows client, the word doll functions as doll* & will bring up results with the word dolly. So if you want just doll on the Windows client, you put doll in quotes.

Hi thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately, using quotes doesn't return any results in either Android or Web interface (at least that is consistent!).

Then I would suggest your title must include some extra spaces.  IE "men  at work" (2 spaces after men) or something that makes it not an exact match to "men at work".  My Kindle Fire id charging.  But I know that using the web client & doing an intitle search on a phrase, enclosed in quotes, does work.

• Level 5*

Hello

BNF's advice is good. I would go a step further and make sure you never use spaces in tags or notebooks. In addition, I would recommend all lower-case in order to keep consistency. Once you have done that (weeding out all of the possible things that could produce errors) it will be much easier to determine what is happening.

At the moment, Android search is working poorly for me as well. One day I get just 5 results when I should have 1500+. The next day, using the same search, I get 200. I don't know why, but this is the case for the beta and public versions. The search, by the way, is for the word "china" without quotes. Nothing fancy.

Thanks for all the help so far!

I've checked the title and there are no erroneous spaces between words.

To make matters even more complicated, using 'intitle:"men at work"' with the Windows client works exactly as you would expect.

As a test I made a new note entitled simple 'men at work' and tried the 'intitle:"men at work"' search term and that doesn't bring up that note in either the Web or Android client (but does in Windows).

It seems like the Android search is just quite unreliable/inconsistent in its results. Quite annoying as the search feature is so powerful in Windows client for example.

• 3 months later...
  • Level 5*

Is there a fix for that? Because I am just about to move on to another app if this doesn't get fixed. Search doesn't work for me on Android and iOS. Evernote is useless if I can't find the info I put in it...  :angry:

I just tested this, and intitle: with a quoted argument (e.g. intitle:"evernote tech blog") seems to be working fine on Android (I can't speak to iOS, this topic is tagged as Android-specific anyways). Is there a specific use case that doesn't work for you?

Archived