(Archived) Import voice notes from Digital Voice Recorder

Can I Import voice notes from Digital Voice Recorder?  If so, how?

Another "if-so": Can I convert them to text?

I've searched for well over a half hour & didn't come close to an answer, so please be kind if the answer is obvious to you.

Can I Import voice notes from Digital Voice Recorder?  If so, how?

Another "if-so": Can I convert them to text?

I've searched for well over a half hour & didn't come close to an answer, so please be kind if the answer is obvious to you.

I am not familiar with that app. But you can put pretty much any file type in EN as long as it does not exceed the note size for your account type (premium allows 100 mb & free...I forget). So if you can export the files from the app, you should be able to add them to EN. If the audio files are a proprietary type, you would probably want to find a converter to convert them to a commonly used file type such as MP3 before putting them into EN.

IIRC, the EN Android app may do some transcription. But EN in general does no transcription.

Thanks Burger.

My post was misleading when I said "Digital Voice Recorder".    I intended to say " a digital voice recorder"  meaning a generic device.

You motivated me to try the simplest, most obvious route:  Copy the files to my Evernote import folder.  Once in EN, a double-click opens the file in VLC and plays it.  That's 90% of what I hoped for.  And, very valuable in saving the profound? thoughts I have while doing other things.

It also helps immensly in maintaining a log while building, modifying, and maintaining my 3D printer kit.  Recording events in writing doesn't work well for me.

The remaining 10% has now become very important.  Converting speech to text would allow much-needed editing.

Can you point me in a direction to pursue this capability?  I'm using Windows 7, and have an Android tablet (Xoom)

Can you point me in a direction to pursue this capability?  I'm using Windows 7, and have an Android tablet (Xoom)

I only once in a blue moon use the Android app & if it does transcription, I'm thinking it only deals with what was recorded using the EN app. So I can't help you there. As far as finding an app that will convert third party audio...I would point you to Google.

Archived